• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DHL's MAD WORLD

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It really sucks what is happening to you guys, but I wouldn't waste my energy fighting it. The deal will most likely happen, and you would be better off getting your apps ready if UPS decides to hire.

I read somewhere that the UPS Political Action Committee is the largest donor in the USA to federal campaigns/candidates.

UPS gets what UPS wants.

Plus, a lot of jobs will be created at UPS because of this deal. IMO, you and yor families would be better off preparing for the next step in your careers rather than wasting precious time fighting something that can't be won.

I get a kick out of the argument you guys try and make about how the DHL packages will be left behind if space is limited. The reality is that once a package enters the UPS system they are ALL UPS packages and UPS will do whatever it takes to make service to it's customers because DHL is a customer.

Yep. The times they are a'changin'. And I accept it that soon, I'll be drenched to the bone..........etc, etc.

It really sucks what is happening to you guys, but I wouldn't waste my energy fighting it. The deal will most likely happen, and you would be better off getting your apps ready if UPS decides to hire.

I read somewhere that the UPS Political Action Committee is the largest donor in the USA to federal campaigns/candidates.

UPS gets what UPS wants.

Plus, a lot of jobs will be created at UPS because of this deal. IMO, you and yor families would be better off preparing for the next step in your careers rather than wasting precious time fighting something that can't be won.

'Preciate the sentiments, but really, I think I'll take my advice on how to proceed from someone other than the individuals who stand to benefit due to my impending demise. Advice like this...

"Once you get them running, you stay right on top of them, and that way a small force can defeat a large one every time... Only thus can a weaker country cope with a stronger; it must make up in activity what it lacks in strength." - Gen. Stonewall Jackson

I get a kick out of the argument you guys try and make about how the DHL packages will be left behind if space is limited. The reality is that once a package enters the UPS system they are ALL UPS packages and UPS will do whatever it takes to make service to it's customers because DHL is a customer.
BTB
DHL always scored F when it came to serve thier customers and this is not aimed at the air side rather the ground side. your ground delivery was horrible. I had several problems with them over the last 2 yrs and i had several friends that cancelled thier huge business accounts with them just because they were not able to deliver what they promised. I had an important document shipped and i could not recieve it just because the driver was sick and decided to go home with my documents in his personal truck. NOW THAT'S F...KED UP

'Preciate the sentiments, but really, I think I'll take my advice on how to proceed from someone other than the individuals who stand to benefit due to my impending demise. Advice like this...

"Once you get them running, you stay right on top of them, and that way a small force can defeat a large one every time... Only thus can a weaker country cope with a stronger; it must make up in activity what it lacks in strength." - Gen. Stonewall Jackson

I don't really think that UPS pilots will be benefitting all that much. Plus, this isn't something military strategy will solve.

I wish you the best, but I think you are heading down the wrong road.

Get the resume updated, get the apps out, network with other pilots - you'll probably come out stronger, and with a better, more stable job.

BTB
DHL always scored F when it came to serve thier customers and this is not aimed at the air side rather the ground side. your ground delivery was horrible. I had several problems with them over the last 2 yrs and i had several friends that cancelled thier huge business accounts with them just because they were not able to deliver what they promised. I had an important document shipped and i could not recieve it just because the driver was sick and decided to go home with my documents in his personal truck. NOW THAT'S F...KED UP

And once UPS delivers it's packages to it's customer DHL, DHL can do whatever DHL wants to do with them like provide the crappy service as noted above.

Latest resources

Back