• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DHL to shut down US Domestic Ops Jan 30

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SET THE DAMN PARKING BRAKES AND GO HOME. ITS CALLED CHAOS.....WALK AWAY. MAKE THEM FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET THE DAMN SHIPS BACK TO WILMINGTON.

THOSE REHTOM SREKCUF ARE OVER IN GERMANY DRINKING THEIR JAGERMEISTER WITH NO REGARD FOR U.S. LABOR....SHUT THE TIHS DOWN!!!

My heart goes out to you and your families.

DAS INGLORIOUS BASTARDS!!!!

Good advice from someone who has no vested interest in a pay check from either company. More folks than airplane drivers are losing their jobs. They need every cent they can squeeze out of DHL. I'll work til they don't get paid. They are my friends and neighbors.

Ditto. Ride this puppy all the way to the crash site. Many need these last 80 days and then a job. If someone wants to leave, put in your notice (or don't). But to ask everyone to just act as irresponsible as DHL is...well...acting like DHL.

It is crunch time, however. Has the company set the pilots severance and retention in place for you guys yet?

EDIT: They took away 6 1/2 weeks of our severance for the rest of the company, BTW. BITES!

Last edited:
Disclaimer: Possible Dumb Question

obviously I am an outsider, but what is DHL doing with the X-Mas freight?

Disclaimer: Possible Dumb Question

obviously I am an outsider, but what is DHL doing with the X-Mas freight?

LOLOLOLOL!!! What Christmas freight, son? There will be no Christmas push for DHL. The loads through ILN are less each day.

I'd burn every sick day I had, they screw you out of them at the end. Why wait till Jan 30. to get a few deserved days off.

I would do every thing legal not to move a plane if I knew DHL was sticking it to my company! If they are giving the work to UPS anyway make them pay for it.

If we set the parking brake, they could just call a falcon 20 to come in and take the boxes off the airplane and fly them to Wilmington.

(just kidding for today, maybe not for next week.)

On behalf of the inbound Polar crew in KILN this morning, I would like to thank you Astar folks for giving us all a jumpseat home and being more than hospitable during these difficult times. We all hope things work out for you guys.

At some point DHL/ATSG will want all their planes back in ILN....they better guarantee those pilots a ticket home or they can pick up their planes themselves.

Besides withholding our severance, everyone will be owed 3-5 weeks of vacation. Collecting it may be a long shot. But Again it is hard to play nice with someone who has repeatly fukked you and continues to do so.

Last edited:
GoABX, When you and I get booted in January, the newly amended ACMI will be in full force providing last year's profit levels. Our accrued vacation will be payable on the day of furlough, so I don't expect an issue there.

GoABX, When you and I get booted in January, the newly amended ACMI will be in full force providing last year's profit levels. Our accrued vacation will be payable on the day of furlough, so I don't expect an issue there.

All nice thoughts, but what makes you think they won't use bankruptcy to avoid paying you?

Our accrued vacation will be payable on the day of furlough, so I don't expect an issue there.

Hope you're right. The rules of past are ever changing and I wouldn't be surprised if somehow the severence package is all inclusive thus screwing us, or reducing the amount of certain owed money like earned vaca. I'm not spending the money yet.

Latest resources

Back