• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DHL to shut down US Domestic Ops Jan 30

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The are NO DHL pilots in the US, only ABX and ASTAR and they will likely all be out of work on or about 1/30/09.

ok understand now. good luck guys.

nothing like a couple thousand current Part 121 guys with DC-9 or bigger time to be dumped into the labor market

remember Kit Darby !

PILOT SHORTAGE

ok understand now. good luck guys.

nothing like a couple thousand current Part 121 guys with DC-9 or bigger time to be dumped into the labor market

remember Kit Darby !

PILOT SHORTAGE

been waiting for that shortage since I started this crazy ride. Oh well only a little over 4 years before retirements start back up........

Maybe I can be qualified to fly by then....

Anybody hearing anything on furlough notifications? Rumor last week was that approximately 45 of us at the bottom of the list would receive notice this week for an early January furlough.

The info I have is that the company has pushed back the furloughs.

They are going to need every warm body they can get to try and complete the schedule, so I am guessing there will be a mass layoff January 30 with notice given on or about Dec. 1.

I'd burn every sick day I had, they screw you out of them at the end. Why wait till Jan 30. to get a few deserved days off.

I would do every thing legal not to move a plane if I knew DHL was sticking it to my company! If they are giving the work to UPS anyway make them pay for it.

I'd burn every sick day I had, they screw you out of them at the end. Why wait till Jan 30. to get a few deserved days off.

I would do every thing legal not to move a plane if I knew DHL was sticking it to my company! If they are giving the work to UPS anyway make them pay for it.

Good advice from someone who has no vested interest in a pay check from either company. More folks than airplane drivers are losing their jobs. They need every cent they can squeeze out of DHL. I'll work til they don't get paid. They are my friends and neighbors.

My regrets to those who will undoubtedly be furloughed. As with all bad news in this business it will flow down to the feeders who will have more runs eliminated.

Latest resources

Back