• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DHL to shut down US Domestic Ops Jan 30

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Here's a snippet from a research report posted on our Bar and Grill. It's a long analysis of UPS and FedEx posted right after Monday's announcement.

I guess the investment bank didn't check with rotor&wing before they sent this to investors. :laugh:

Further, we now believe it is likely that UPS and DHL will complete a pending but smaller linehaul agreement to provide air linehaul for the remaining DHL import/export business within the U.S. which could add an estimated $100M-$150M in additional revenue to UPS per year, for years to come.

Here's a snippet from a research report posted on our Bar and Grill. It's a long analysis of UPS and FedEx posted right after Monday's announcement.

I guess the investment bank didn't check with rotor&wing before they sent this to investors. :laugh:

Further, we now believe it is likely that UPS and DHL will complete a pending but smaller linehaul agreement to provide air linehaul for the remaining DHL import/export business within the U.S. which could add an estimated $100M-$150M in additional revenue to UPS per year, for years to come.

Bar and Grill, almost as reliable as this forum. Come on Bob put down the Kool-Aid!

Bar and Grill, almost as reliable as this forum. Come on Bob put down the Kool-Aid!

I would put this forum up there as one of the "better" sources of information available to grunts like us. There is a wide mix of participants from virtually every carrier out there, good moderation that does not censor a comment because it does not fit their "view", and we can always count on posters like Bob to tell us what the UPS B&G or the FedEx APC has to say about the "rest" of the industry. ;)

I bet some of the Astars A300s will go to DHL Middle East. Just a hitch. I could be very well wrong but it looks like DHL needs some extra lift on that part of the world and what better deal than A300?

I bet some of the Astars A300s will go to DHL Middle East. Just a hitch. I could be very well wrong but it looks like DHL needs some extra lift on that part of the world and what better deal than A300?

I think you're right! I heard they needed them over there to haul the UPS material.

Haven't heard about ASTAR 300s going to the ME, but that doesn't mean it couldn't happen though. Don't get your hopes up for a nice stint in the sandpit though - they'd need to put them on Saudi register for traffic rights and insurance purposes. You'd then have to apply for a job with DHL Aviation ME if you'd want to fly them.

Know a guy who's a FO on the 72 via a contract company. Pretty hard work, long days and it involves flying into less-than-pleasent places (Fallujah, Taqadum, Balad, Baghdad, Mosul, Kandahar - you get the picture). MX is said to be questionable on those old 3-holers, but the pay is pretty good. My mate is making around 15K USD/month tax-free. 6 (weeks) on, 2 off. Working 5 days a week, up to 14 hour duty days. Yes, the Saudia NAA has some very flexible FTL rules!

Know a guy who's a FO on the 72 via a contract company. Pretty hard work, long days and it involves flying into less-than-pleasent places (Fallujah, Taqadum, Balad, Baghdad, Mosul, Kandahar - you get the picture). MX is said to be questionable on those old 3-holers, but the pay is pretty good. My mate is making around 15K USD/month tax-free. 6 (weeks) on, 2 off. Working 5 days a week, up to 14 hour duty days. Yes, the Saudia NAA has some very flexible FTL rules!
I've talked to those guys in Bahrain. Another "benefit" of the job for the FE was looking for bullet holes during post-flight walk-arounds. And yes, they would find them - they got shot at on final and on climb-out.

There's a reason they're paid a lot!

Latest resources

Back