• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DHL to shut down US Domestic Ops Jan 30

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Aren't van drivers the most accurate source of info? :)

Actually, our union is still telling us the deal is on.

You may be right, Bob. Suffice to say that the rumours this side of the atlantic talk about the UPS deal being dead.

As for the investment, it may have been written off, but as a loss; DHL still holds a large amount of equity in ASTAR - worthless or not.

You may be right, Bob. Suffice to say that the rumours this side of the atlantic talk about the UPS deal being dead.

As for the investment, it may have been written off, but as a loss; DHL still holds a large amount of equity in ASTAR - worthless or not.

I'm not really claiming to be right about anything. I just wanted to put it out there that we are still being told that the deal is still on here at brown.

We'll see.

I'm just going by the loads. Can't be a lot of money in hauling around containers of oxygen. Most of the customer switched to UPS after the first idiotic announcement. The remainder are moving their accounts now. Not a lot left to worry about having a contract for. If DHL gets out of the US domestic business, there isn't any reason left for the deal.

It would be just like DHL to agree to pay ups $1B/yr for just the international stuff, regardless of volume.

I dont know how many aircraft astar is flying but when we were doing contract for dhl in cvg I seem to remember about 20 72's, a number of 8's, and about 5 a300s. If DHL is planning on returning to what they use to do wouldnt astar still fit in. They still have all 3 types of aircraft, not sure of the numbers.

I also remember alot of contractors, we (cappy) had an airplane for a period, lots of little guys and I think some heavies.

I'm not really claiming to be right about anything. I just wanted to put it out there that we are still being told that the deal is still on here at brown.

We'll see.

Funny thing there Bob, your Union has told your members that the deal is stalled.

Guess you missed that one huh?

BTW, your latest album sucks.

Funny thing there Bob, your Union has told your members that the deal is stalled.

Guess you missed that one huh?

BTW, your latest album sucks.

Funny you think you know what the IPA is telling us better than I do. HAHA

Just heard on Friday that the deal is still a go. Just putting that out there. Sorry it pizzes you off so bad, but it is info I thought others would want to hear.

Maybe our union is wrong, but that's what I heard.

BTW, I'm not really Bob Dylan ya know. HAHA. Moron.

Funny you think you know what the IPA is telling us better than I do. HAHA

Just heard on Friday that the deal is still a go. Just putting that out there. Sorry it pizzes you off so bad, but it is info I thought others would want to hear.

Maybe our union is wrong, but that's what I heard.

BTW, I'm not really Bob Dylan ya know. HAHA. Moron.

So UPS and your Union is wrong........uh..OK.

Guess they need to consult with you from now on.

Latest resources

Back