DHL pulls the plug on Astar's.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
IHaveAPension said:
I also heard that ABX has offered to fly the JFK-BRU-BAH route for DHL.

Alright, now you're just trying start some trouble!

If this were true DHL would just love it. Exactly what they would want to see happen, ABX and Astar in a bidding war over routes. Exactly why the Teamsters and ALPA need to work together and come up with a plan to prevent a race to the bottom.

No I'm not trying to start trouble. ABX's last 767 they got from mod in Israel stopped in BRU for a meet and greet with top DHL brass before flying BRU-ILN. This flight was also a proving run with a fed on board.

IHaveAPension said:
ABX guys, what's up with wanting to fly over 8hrs with an IRO and go to duty days up to 30hrs?

The company wants the ability to use IROs but where are you getting 30 hour duty times from? They have started some talks on the issue but any agreement would have to pass membership ratification. I doubt anything allowing a 30hr duty period would get many votes.

The whole point of an IRO is to go past 8 hours on a two-person airplane. They can already do that on the DC8 with the F/E but have replaced the charter DC8s with 767s in MIA.

I'm sure Astar will have their own van service for their crews so it should be much better that what ABX has.

Were you intended that to be so condescending?

The problem is the location of the warehouses on the north end of the property. They could use stretch limos for your shuttles but you'll still be stuck riding through ten minutes of traffic to get to the D ramp. Takes us forever to get up to the A ramp parking spots and we're starting at mid-field.

Hete wants us to work to FARs, just like every other airline CEO.

You failed to answer the question regarding the condescending nature of your previous post.

IHaveAPension said:
No I'm not trying to start trouble. ABX's last 767 they got from mod in Israel stopped in BRU for a meet and greet with top DHL brass before flying BRU-ILN. This flight was also a proving run with a fed on board.

I know, Im just messing with you.

I'm sure Astar will have their own van service for their crews so it should be much better that what ABX has.[/QUOTE]

I don't think this guy has any idea the scope of our sort. CVG isn't even as big as C and D ramp. Yeah, from A ramp to D ramp with planes, tugs, etc, etc, it's gonna take a while.

But I am sure they will have far superior vans, DHL will be more than happy to provide and pay for brand new Stretch Hummer H2 limos. Seems like Astar can pass along just about any cost...

Just remember ABX's new company goals as reguritated by Vollmer in this weeks hotline.... IMAGE, COST, (and lastly) SERVICE!

So that means wear your hat with your tie cinched up and your reflective belt (wouldn't want to get fined), but don't cost too much in looking professional. Then and only then, if you look good and cheap, provide good service to the customer DHL.

OBTW, if you guys need a model as to the image ABX is looking for, just take a look at JD next time you see him!

Latest resources

Back