DHL pulls the plug on Astar's.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AV8OR

Here's to burying the hachet and higher wages for all. Raise a pint on me.

Offer taken mate! You have one on me too.

Feathersword said:
Argh Matie, tis ye that will be hitting the booze and drugs when DHL gives ASTAR and ABX the ol' heave-ho!! If ye thinks DHL is somehow loyal to either group then must be ye who are hitting the pipe!! Or maybe it is just a raging case of the scuurvy!!

Anybody want to bet five dabloons when it will happen?? Live in the now me scallywags, tis bound to happen and me guess is sooner than later!! Ye knaves seem to not understand you cannot scope freight you don't own!! YE ARE NOT DHL ANYMORE BOYS!! Live in the now and embrace the fury of the truth!!

And Ye are a weirdo. Interesting but weird. Pirate fantasies, things that make you go hmmmm. Who do you steer or captain your vessel for? Do you even have 5 dabloons to bet? I am through with ye matie. Have fun on the high seas. Land Ho!!!!

EU not interested in US domestic traffic rights

Barrot Sees Partial Accord With The U.S. By YearendAviation Daily06/29/2005, page 02
Martial Tardy
x.gif

European Union Transport Commissioner Jacques Barrot aims to secure at least "a first-step" aviation agreement with the U.S. by the end of this year, he said after yesterday's EU transport ministers meeting in Luxembourg.

Barrot declined to specify what the partial agreement would cover, but he said that obtaining domestic traffic rights within the U.S. was no longer a prerequisite, as European airlines "are not really interested;" however, he did insist that Europeans want U.S. airline "ownership rules to be rendered more flexible."

Barrot claimed that the EU transport ministers were "were very much determined to support (the commission's) efforts" in securing an accord with the U.S., but that these efforts are dragging on. Formal multilateral aviation talks with the U.S. took off nine years ago but after several interruptions and restarts gained no ground. Barrot attempted to revive the talks in April through a telephone conversation with U.S. Transportation Secretary Norman Mineta. European and U.S. experts held consequent technical talks two weeks ago. -MT

Onlyflyfreight

Denmark, actually. Norway got it easy, what being the 4th or 5th biggest oil exporter in the world does make life just a tad easier ;)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back