• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DHL Integration Day - How did it go?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was wondering too! I left ILN Friday morning and the sorters were saying they were told to expected 2-3 hour delays on Saturday morning. That seems a bit excessive especially for a Saturday morning sort. I guess a lot of the success this weekend depends on Astars' and DHL 's ability to successively move all the CVG equipment to ILN in the planned amount of time.

From what I heard, it was a total abortion. Load delays for everyone. Crews timing out all over the place. The horror!! The horror!! Supposedly the main sort broke down a couple of times. I went by to pick up a buddy at 7am and there were jets on the ramp everywhere. Being as it was the first day of my off week, I left most rickey tick! (after picking up my bud) You'd have to expect some bumps in the road for a major integration like this, but not that bad. I think Mon/Tues will tell the tale more than today did. The rest of the month could be a steep learning curve for the hub folk.

This is why I bid west coast shuttles all month. I haven't been to ILN since August 25th and I won't be back until Sept 29th.

I checked a few flights on flightview.com and they were about two hours late. One ER flight I saw was over three hours late. It was ER573, one of the last scheduled departures. Don't know if it had any issues that were not sort/loading related. ER505, scheduled out just a couple of minutes early, was just two hours late.

I guess it was a smart idea to do this on a Saturday morning. You have very little freight that has to be delivered that day, you have less volume, and you have the weekend to work on the problems that are sure to develop.

Was this also the first night to use the new sort building? Seems like they should have had that up and running for a few weeks before bringing in the extra airplanes and volume.

How long did it take to work out the kinks when the new (old?) CVG sort opened?

hvydriver said:
I went by to pick up a buddy at 7am and there were jets on the ramp everywhere.

I live right under the departure path of the MXQ305 and I heard jets going over at 9:00 AM.

LJ-ABX said:
How long did it take to work out the kinks when the new (old?) CVG sort opened?

I don't think they ever got the kinks out!! I'm saying that HONESTLY without any sarcasm.............

delay, delay and more delay

We took a 2 hr delay. Not to bad. A main sort belt broke and that proceeded to screw up anything that was going right.

I must say the folks we met up at ILN were nice and when the frieght showed they were johnny on the spot to make it happen.

I personally will miss the time checks from the ramp tower (not). We are not use to the professionalism and effiecncy in airport operations that was displayed by the ABX folks running the airpark.

Nice job. Me thinks the move was pretty good.

Hey,

Where did all our chat go? I was enjoying the resturant discussion.

hvydriver said:
Hey,

Where did all our chat go? I was enjoying the resturant discussion.

Hmmm. Where did it go indeed. Don't think it was anything that needed censoring. It was a little off topic, but who knows.

Latest resources

Back