• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DHL Integration Day - How did it go?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Last Saturday morning I was finishing up some paperwork at my place of work and a "lost" long haul truck driver pulled up looking for ABX (he didn't realize he needed to be looking for DHL). He had drove from ILN. Don't know if it was related to any of the aformentioned issues.

Ahhh... so it does. So LJ, have you been to Damon's? Is it worth the trip?

ABX9av8or said:
The sort is getting better. We were 50 minutes late Tuesday morning and 20 minutes late Wednesday morning.

Good news. I hope it continues to improve.

Still glad I had the first half of the month off!;)

FWIW (I'm off right now as well.) I'm still hearing of 2+ hour delays for our birds. If the delays keep getting smaller, we may experience an on time departure along about this weekend. Hey, that's when I go back! Buhahahaha!! Lucky me!!

hvydriver said:
Ahhh... so it does. So LJ, have you been to Damon's? Is it worth the trip?

Damon's is okay. Just like any other Damon's anywhere else in the country. Better than fast food. Haven't been there in a number of years, though.

There's a Donato's pizza right in front of (behind?) Damon's. I'll go there occasionally as their thin crust is quite different from what you get from the other chains. If you like pizza it's worth a try.

I was on reserve in ILN for much of 1997. It didn't take long to get burned out on ALL of the food options. The town might be fine for someone who grew up there and knows a lot of people but I certainly did not like it. I was quite happy the day I moved out of my crash pad!

I pulled up some random ILN-XYZ city pairs and some flights were on time and others late. Seems like the ER flights took a bigger hit than the GB flights. Did anyone else notice this or did I just happen to hit the wrong flights?

Nah LJ. You didn't hit the wrong button. The loaders are apparently on a learning curve dealing with our very complex A container system. Our load delays since Saturday have been starting with 6+ hrs, then 5 for Sunday, 4 for Monday, 3 for Tuesday, 2 For Wednesday. That's why I figure if the progress keeps moving linearly, then we'll be on time either Friday or Saturday. ;) Kinda hard to figure out though. They've been loading us for 2 months now with no problems. I did hear one of our guys say that a load lead said that they were really short on manpower for the sort and ramp ops. Maybe they got that fixed?

That's strange... We've been running nightly flights with A containers for two or three years now. Shouldn't be any mystery how they work. Maybe the portions of the sort which deal with the A containers has been having more trouble than the rest?

Labor is always a problem in ILN. There just aren't enough people. They have to bus them in from surrounding cities. Wait until we get a nice snow/ice night. They pay bonuses to the sorters/loaders who do come in on the weather nights because so many just call in sick.

Latest resources

Back