• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DHL in the US - Latest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ive got a friend in upper management at DHL. He keeps telling me that CVG is leading the pack to handle all of the shipments.

Just to confirm that they are looking hard at it. I had recurrent in cvg a couple weeks ago and there was about 20 management guys in DHL shirts eating at the Holiday Inn right next to the sort facilitie. Called my buddy and he said it was the big wigs making "huge deceisions."
Big wigs making huge decisions. What a joke! The idiots that would make that decision are not likely in Kentucky any more than they eat at Holiday Inn.

Ive got a friend in upper management at DHL. He keeps telling me that CVG is leading the pack to handle all of the shipments.

Just to confirm that they are looking hard at it. I had recurrent in cvg a couple weeks ago and there was about 20 management guys in DHL shirts eating at the Holiday Inn right next to the sort facilitie. Called my buddy and he said it was the big wigs making "huge deceisions."

Huge decisions for DHL big wigs would be where to put gas in the rental car!

As a pilot and International DHL customer, how will the domestic portions of an International Express shipment be picked up and delivered if there is not domestic service??? Are my 3-4 day express shipments now going to take 7-9 days.

As a point of customer service, I never received any notification that domestic service was being terminated.

As a point of customer service, I never received any notification that domestic service was being terminated.

You may want to check the news about DHL every now and then.

http://money.cnn.com/2008/11/10/news/companies/dhl/?postversion=2008111010

"DHL TO CUT 9,500 U.S. JOBS
The firm will end deliveries within the U.S., but will continue shipments to other countries."

It's been in the news continuously since last November when DHL announced their stateside suicide.

You may want to check the news about DHL every now and then.

http://money.cnn.com/2008/11/10/news/companies/dhl/?postversion=2008111010

"DHL TO CUT 9,500 U.S. JOBS
The firm will end deliveries within the U.S., but will continue shipments to other countries."

It's been in the news continuously since last November when DHL announced their stateside suicide.

Yes, it was in the news, but DHL never notified their current customers of the service change. Bad customer service, but not surprising.

As a pilot and International DHL customer, how will the domestic portions of an International Express shipment be picked up and delivered if there is not domestic service??? Are my 3-4 day express shipments now going to take 7-9 days.
"DHL's 9,500 job cuts are on top of 5,400 job reductions announced earlier this year. After these layoffs, between 3,000 and 4,000 employees will remain at DHL's U.S. operations, the company said.

The company also said it was shutting down all ground hubs and reducing the number of its U.S. stations to 103 from 412."

The revenue will be decreased by roughly 92%(!), with an expected daily volume of around 100K shipments, down from around 1.5 million.

Why not just shut down completely?

Why not just shut down completely?

Because DHL Europe has to offer service to the US in order to attract more shippers. If they keep 103 stations in the largest markets of the US, they can say they cover, say 70 percent of the US population (Don't know the real number). They may lose money, I think I saw somewhere in this thread 200 mil a year. But those accounts might go somewhere else if that service isn't offered. I guess I liken it to the grocery store selling toilet paper cheap to get people in the door. I believe the term is loss leader.

Latest resources

Back