Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DHL/ABX: What good is it being a Teamster?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

splatt

I remember the days when it meant something to mess around with Teamsters. They used to drive trucks or not drive them to get things done. It seems there are no consequences for folks messing around with teamsters that drive jets? Why don't the Teamsters stop some DHL trucks or slow down DHL's business? I mean DHL has just screwed an entire community and everyone keeps moving their mail... Why? DHL is going to give UPS a billion dollars. DHL is only loosing $800 mil at ABX - due to their bad management. The deal stinks! Quit moving their boxes Teamsters!

Last edited:
Many more Teamsters work at UPS than DHL.

UPS is not adding any new people to cover the new work nor were jobs being lost. ABX is loosing lots of people. So, this is a net loss for the Teamsters. It is also supposed to be the Brotherhood of Teamsters. Where's the brotherhood? I'm sure not feeling any love from them...

UPS is not adding any new people to cover the new work nor were jobs being lost. ABX is loosing lots of people. So, this is a net loss for the Teamsters. It is also supposed to be the Brotherhood of Teamsters. Where's the brotherhood? I'm sure not feeling any love from them...

Actually, that is a false statement. UPS is not discussing ANY job opertunities as a result of the DHL deal until the deal is signed. Straight from the top. It probably won't account for the numbers lost, but there will be teamster jobs added.

I remember the days when it meant something to mess around with Teamsters. They used to drive trucks or not drive them to get things done. It seems there are no consequences for folks messing around with teamsters that drive jets? Why don't the Teamsters stop some DHL trucks or slow down DHL's business? I mean DHL has just screwed an entire community and everyone keeps moving their mail... Why? DHL is going to give UPS a billion dollars. DHL is only loosing $800 mil at ABX - due to their bad management. The deal stinks! Quit moving their boxes Teamsters!

Why does somebody else have to stand up. You guys should have parked the jets along time ago. Just keep flying and moving the freight, Im sure it will work out.

Be carefull what you wish for!

Exactly,

I would love to stick it to the idiots in Germany, but I am smart enough to know that I am not smart enough to know how this might screw me and or everyone else. If a work stoppage was done, (illegally I might add) it might allow dhl some type of "out" to get this deal done quicker than what is already planned. If we did park the planes could DHL just pull out and leave without severance packages? I do not know. I have to trust that our union is doing its best to keep jobs as long as possible and working on getting the most it can for our pilots who will be on the streets (P.S. that is me).

I don't advocate doing anything illegal. I do think a slow down would be good. ABX is not paying anything for sick days unless we use them. Let's use them. That's not illegal. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different outcome. Having a near perfect on-time record with DHL seems be doing no good at all and JH seems to be trying to bankrupt ABX to get rid of the union and set the executives up for golden parachutes...

I don't advocate doing anything illegal. I do think a slow down would be good. ABX is not paying anything for sick days unless we use them. Let's use them. That's not illegal.

You are advocating a job action by using up sick time. I believe that is illegal. That contradicts your statement of "I don't advocate doing anything illegal."

Latest resources

Back