• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DFW Metar 0841Z on 10April2008

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are you going to avoid the Airbus I heard Spirit is hiring people fresh out of Riddle

I haven't witnessed this high quality of flamebait in years. Kudos!

What if.........you cr@p a engine?????? YOU are going to have LOTS of fun!! The new microwave generation pilots............

What are the odds of that happening. Pretty slim unless you are above the Max certified ceiling then it could happen but you'd probably be 2-3 K feet above it. I draw the line on that one.

What are the odds of that happening. Pretty slim unless you are above the Max certified ceiling then it could happen but you'd probably be 2-3 K feet above it. I draw the line on that one.

"you'd probably be". You must really have been something as a flight instructor. "Yeah, you're ready to solo. You'll probably be able to land".

I don't do probabilities. That's what 2000 hours of flight instruction, followed by 5000 hours in the right seat of turbo-props and jets teaches you and that's why I hate low-time wonder-children going straight to the majors. The haven't developed judgement yet and are foolish enough to think that good equipment and good luck will keep them out off trouble. They don't even know....what they don't know.

Oh junior junior junior....go around the storm. Oh yeah, treat EVERY takeoff like you're going to blow an engine. What are the odds?

I'm just guessing, but this has got to be one of the new generation of arrogant, cocky, and stupid pilots coming up through the ranks. The back pack toting, Ipod, Bose QC2 wearing fools that think they're Chuck Fawkn Yeager!!

Dude-
Take some of the advise from the "Experienced" people here before you kill yourself and take someone out with you.

A quick note back to the original subject. We just went through Mc Kinney TX. There is a brand new C-172 that was tied down during that storm. The wind bent the wing braces more than 90 dregrees and both wing tips are within inches of touching the ground. It was a hellava storm.

Latest resources

Back