• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

destruction of unions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How can you mention MSNBC and not FOX News in the same breath you jaded liar..

Wow, spoken like a true liberal, a "jaded liar"?!?! When you can't reason with logic, you resort to name calling and demonizing!! You sound just like your friends there on MSNBC! I'll bet you get most of your facts from Media Matters and Huffington huh!

Nah I don't watch MSNBC or read Huffington. Never mentioned I did. Your assumptions and attacks are hysterical (hysteria). Fox news is a bigger joke than MSNBC because they deny what they really are. I hear they like to kiss rich arse a lot. Keep attacking moderates and see what that gets you in November.

What annoys moderates are extreme people claiming they are moderate or the norm when they are not.

Last edited:
Nah I don't watch MSNBC or read Huffington. Never mentioned I did. Your assumptions and attacks are hysterical (hysteria). Fox news is a bigger joke than MSNBC because they deny what they really are. I hear they like to kiss rich arse a lot. Keep attacking moderates and see what that gets you in November.

What annoys moderates are extreme people claiming they are moderate or the norm when they are not.

Check your posts pal! You started in with the attacks, not me! What is a moderate? Is that code for progressive?

Do you admit Fox News is on the right like MSNBC is on the left? or not?

Have they changed at all since the Obama administration called them out on being on the right? I missed most of the O'reilly interview with Obama and the hole perspective thing. Just saw clips of it. I don't watch Fox News or MSNBC that much.

Here is a definition for Moderate since you don't seem to know it. It annoys me when you talk about one extreme and not the other. It is being phony.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/moderate

mod·er·ate (mdr-t)
adj.
1. Being within reasonable limits; not excessive or extreme: a moderate price.
2. Not violent or subject to extremes; mild or calm; temperate: a moderate climate.
a. Of medium or average quantity or extent.
b. Of limited or average quality; mediocre.

*********4. Opposed to radical or extreme views or measures, especially in politics or religion.*********

Here is the def of phony if you need that too.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/phony

pho·ny also pho·ney (fn)
adj. pho·ni·er, pho·ni·est
a. Not genuine or real; counterfeit: a phony credit card.
b. False; spurious: a phony name.
2. Not honest or truthful; deceptive: a phony excuse.
a. Insincere or hypocritical.
***********b. Giving a false impression of truth or authenticity; specious.********

Last edited:
Private schools take in less per student and preformed better. They get better teachers for less money. Why? I would guess it is because if they don't perform they would go under and bad teachers are fired. Teachers do it because they love it not for the govt bennifits.
A big reason private school kids perform better may be because,

- if their parents can afford a private school they likely can afford other things that are positive for learning like a roof over their head, a quiet neighborhood, and regular nutrition

- when you shell out $5K or $10K or $15K a year for a private education you're going to be FAR more involved in what your "investment" is doing with his/her time, like homework

That union memberships have been cut in half in Wisconsin is neither a Fox nor an MSNBC issue. It is a chilling message to anyone who enjoys the benefits of a union, public or private.

Last edited:
Go Walker!

No public unions--ridiculous idea to have unions extorting more money out of taxpayers! How about if the job does not pay enough, you do something else?

Husband of a school teacher (who happens to agree with me). We're broke and the shenanigans and democratic party money laundering must end.

First they came for the communists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me.

The public sector unions are the first to be targeted because they are easy targets. No one wants to pay more taxes and, instead of cutting the fat and/or pay of useless "executives" at the school district, as well as city, county, state, and federal levels...we're fed this B.S. that teachers' already mediocre salaries are going to break the bank and that they aren't worth the money we pay them. In reality, most of them aren't paid remotely what they're worth. A huge number of them are put in no-win situations where they receive virtually no support from administrators and either deflecting blame from increasingly hostile, "damned-if-you-do/damned-if-you-don't" parents or dealing with kids who have zero parental involvement on the other. But, hey, it's easier just to blame the teachers isntead of the frivilous spending on the part of the "executives" drawing the huge paychecks...after all, those lazy scumbag teachers get the entire summer off while we all have to work. Screw them.

The important thing is this: Once the right to organize is forcibly taken from one group, more groups will be targeted and the previous group will be used as precedent. If you think, for a moment, that your union is the only rightous one and that it will never be faced with the level of scrutiny that public sector unions are facing...you're sadly mistaken. It's coming. The teachers and other public employees will be first; you will be next.

The important thing is this: Once the right to organize is forcibly taken from one group, more groups will be targeted and the previous group will be used as precedent. If you think, for a moment, that your union is the only rightous one and that it will never be faced with the level of scrutiny that public sector unions are facing...you're sadly mistaken. It's coming. The teachers and other public employees will be first; you will be next.

+1

Like military pensions?

After all if things get so bad in the economy most kids will look to the military as an option reducing competition for it. And even the military will probably be scaling back in ops too.

Pretty obvious where this is leading.

It is even funnier because these guys think this can't happen.

Last edited:
The difference between CEO pay and private sector union pay and public sector union pay is the governments extortive powers.

If a private company wants to pay it's CEO 1.0 Billion dollars a year and wants to pay all it's other employee 1.0 million dollars a year, and is then able to go into the market, raise the prices of it's stuff, sell it's stuff, and then still make it's ends meet every year then MORE POWER to this company. If they try to go into the market and raise the price of it's stuff too high in comparison to it's competitors, I don't have to buy their crap, they can't make ends meet....it's unsustainable and they go bankrupt.

If a public sector union demands a high salary, the spineless public officials give it to them to preserve their reeelection possibilities, they go to the market (i.e. me), they MAKE me pay higher taxes at the threat of going to jail or losing my property.

That is the point. A private sector employee gets paid from monies that were given to their companies voluntarily. A public sector employee gets paid from monies that they were forced to give to their employers.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back