• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Desire to be new Mesaba FO

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pinnacle has not had any openings recently for MSP FO's. To be honest, with 15 of our planes going to mesaba and all of those 15 being based in MSP, I believe that MSP will be a shrinking base for pinnacle for at least the next five months.

Plus, this place sucks. Go to mesaba.

Keep It Up!

Thanks for all the replies. I am reading everything. I will be on here at least every other day, or so. It is good to know I am not alone. Kind of scares me that the only one on the plane with a few grey hairs might be me, sitting in the left seat with little if any authority. But I totally respect the (at least) 23 year old who has been there longer, and done more than me when I start out. Kudos to all those who pursue their dreams while they are young! I think I can make up for lost time. Looks like I have to toughen my skin a little. Some people do have a way of totally torking me off, if you know what I mean.

Enough said about that already. Develop a strong tolerance for crap. You may be taking orders from a 20-something gel-haired, back-pack wearing, iPod listening Captain who posts some of those immature comments you see on this board. Get used to it.

I am in an almost identical boat -- mid-40's, career change, mid-300 hours. Also had an "in" with Mesaba.

Get your Commercial-Instrument-Multi and your ATP written.

I had multiple, extensive conversations with Mesaba Pilot Recruiting. Their mins are 600/100. They will do below that, but only with the recommendation of the Chief Pilot.

Further, Mesaba has a STRONG preference for CFIs with lots of recent experience. Not saying you can't get in if you're not, but anything less than 600/100 with a current CFI job will be difficult.

Hate to say it, but if you really need MSP, think about Pinnacle too.

I love it when people with minimal flying experience get on here a bash AIRLINE CAPTAINS simply because of their age or how they choose to wear their hair.

On the plus side ... at 45 you'll probably have the first choice on base! Use your in to give you the info in regards to where they need pilots and what planes. If MSP is the key and they need Saab FO's express interest in the Saab at the interview. Living in base, in my opinion, is top priority at this level. good luck

I love it when people with minimal flying experience get on here a bash AIRLINE CAPTAINS simply because of their age or how they choose to wear their hair.

I'm just saying some folks on this board seem to have a problem with this whole hairgel/backpack/iPod thing.

I personally wouldn't have any objections working with a Captain who was 16 and wore a purple Mohawk as long as they were competent.

Age 16? Nope, not me. I think the FAA is prudent to not allow ATP rated Captains to fly at less than 23 years old.

I remember when I got out of the Army at 22, and thought I had matured alot, and that every employer should take my 4 years of Army as equal to a Bachelor's degree, and hire me for their entry level positions. Didn't work.

But there are things that a young pilot had to grow in, and mature in, to get those required hours, while traveling the age range of 18 or 16 to 23. It is not a complete guarantee, but most people by age 23 should be able to Captain an airliner (and like anything else, I am sure some make it through the cracks who shouldn't).

I am sure every crew member has the option, like hey buddy, if you fly like that again, I am not going with you.

But as I said in an earlier post, I admire and respect those who pursue their dreams while they are young (unless they have a family, and are willing to let them starve while they selfishly pursue their dreams), and when I first start out, that 23 year old will know more than me, and have done more than me, so kudos or hat's off to him/her, and they will be my Captain for about 2 years. And that will be fine by me.

Latest resources

Back