Delta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
General...

We get paid 5:15 for each duty day.....one of the reasons I was a no voter was because of that big caveat. Hence the BS transcons that pay 12 hours when tafb is 36 hours.....jacking the edge of the rigs. We should be paid per calendar day, but we just roll over and play dead.

General...

We get paid 5:15 for each duty day.....one of the reasons I was a no voter was because of that big caveat. Hence the BS transcons that pay 12 hours when tafb is 36 hours.....jacking the edge of the rigs. We should be paid per calendar day, but we just roll over and play dead.

Bill,

As long as your first day duties IN before 9pm local, you will get a min of 4:30 per calendar day. (starting NOV 1st) So, those old three days worth 11 hours will now be worth 13:30 min instead, a few extra hundred dollars for the same trips. The reason some don't want 5:15 per calendar day is because at that point, the bid computer will consider each day as a normal day, and connect trips as efficiently as possible. The LA guys wouldn't like that because the computer would treat the Hawaii legs from LA just like ATL legs. So, all of the Hawaii flights from LA might go to ATL or NYC guys, because the computer is just looking at the 5:15 min per day. So, at 4:30 min per Calendar day, the LA guys keep their Hawaii 3 days, but still get a 2 hour 30 min bump in pay per 3 day trip to Lihue, Maui, Kona, and HNL. Overall the 5:15 min would have been nice, but local bases would have lost the trips they enjoyed, all to a computer that is looking for efficiency. So, LA guys win, and the company saves a bit of change (over 5:15), but we all make an extra 2:30 compared to the last contract. I actually have done a couple out of base white slips to OGG and KOA from LAX, and those resorts were nice!

Btw, for those of you who don't understand this, these particular 3 days leave LA or NYC before 9pm local and then go to Hawaii or the West Coast from JFK. They stay over 24 hours, and then fly allnight back to LA or JFK/ATL. So, there are 2 flight segments, that were worth a min of 5:15 each, but they leave the night of the second day, and arrive early on day 3. A true 3 day with legs on all 3 days is worth a min of 15:45. But, since those allnighters leave late on day 2, they were worth a min of 10:30(most are worth about 11 hours). As of Nov 1st, those trips will be worth a min of 13:30, an extra 2:30.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
4:30? That's awful. I don't blame Bill on this one. Southwest averages 6.5 across the trip. Should have voted NO General.

4:30? That's awful. I don't blame Bill on this one. Southwest averages 6.5 across the trip. Should have voted NO General.

When you negotiate Red, you have to give and take. Other parts of the contract were good, some not as good, but better. You guys almost allowed reserve in Hawaii, but then you dropped your ETOPS app for an indefinite amount of time. Also, that calendar day only accounts for a select few number of flights, most days are worth 5:15. A standard 4 day is worth at least 21 hours. But, I do INTL trips for 6 days worth 40 hours, which is much better than your 6.5 average for a 4 day. You lose. It's called variety! Too bad about your lack of Hawaii flying. Oh well. Aloha!

Bye Bye---General Lee

The 1:2 duty rig and THC are much better credits. The 4:30 ADC is a start and helps on those redeyes and Hawaii trips. The THC gives you about 5:30 for each full day away from base. More improvements needed though. The 1:2 is good, need better THC like earlier days to make them use us more or at least pay us while gone. Would give you 6 hr a day credit.

When you negotiate Red, you have to give and take. Other parts of the contract were good, some not as good, but better. You guys almost allowed reserve in Hawaii, but then you dropped your ETOPS app for an indefinite amount of time. Also, that calendar day only accounts for a select few number of flights, most days are worth 5:15. A standard 4 day is worth at least 21 hours. But, I do INTL trips for 6 days worth 40 hours, which is much better than your 6.5 average for a 4 day. You lose. It's called variety! Too bad about your lack of Hawaii flying. Oh well. Aloha!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Delta 4 day trips = 21

SW 4 day trips = 26

Big difference. You are funny when you try to state what's going on at SW. We actually do have reserve in HI written into our contract. Get paid 6.0 for the middle day, to stay on the beach. Do you think that's a bad thing? I don't. Sign me up. Do you get paid 6.0 to while your in the Sudan hunkered down in the hotel trying to avoid Eboli?

Delta 4 day trips = 21

SW 4 day trips = 26

Big difference. You are funny when you try to state what's going on at SW. We actually do have reserve in HI written into our contract. Get paid 6.0 for the middle day, to stay on the beach. Do you think that's a bad thing? I don't. Sign me up. Do you get paid 6.0 to while your in the Sudan hunkered down in the hotel trying to avoid Eboli?

21 is the MIN on a 4 day trip at DL, not the max. There are plenty of 4 day domestic trips worth over 24 hours, and 5 day trips worth close to 30 hours, some over with a DH. Then Red add the INTL trips worth 40 hours on a 6 day INTL pairing (did them this Summer, 4 10 hour legs with layovers in between or a DH at the end), and you LOSE.

Hey, the SWA Captain I talked to in ATL who told me about you dropping the ETOPS Hawaii stuff for now said something about pilots at SWA now being assinged an extra couple legs at the end of the day in SEA to go over to Paine Field to pick up a plane and ferry it back to SEA? They used to give those out as open trips, but now they are just assigning them to guys who think they are ending the day in SEA, but still have time left on the duty day? What's that all about? So if you have a min of 6+ 30 a day, and you haven't hit that at SEA, you can get assigned more, just to get you to that 6+30? He didn't seem happy about it, and the FO he was with said it happened to him already. They looked tired. When do you start allnighters, btw? When you do, and they have 2 legs, they may also be worth 13 hours (6+30 for each day and the second day has the allnighter). You might want to look into that. You will LUV those allnighters, especially with F-Airtran Captains. SO MUCH LUV IN THE AIR.

And it looks like your Hawaii reserve dreams won't be happening for a LONG while. Allegiant beat you to it. Oh well. ALOHA!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Why are we talking southwest on a delta thread??

Latest resources

Back