• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta west coast bases

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Where did you see those numbers? Also, I thought they had until July 31, then a 2 week period to pull out.

Delta staffing is anyone's guess. But here's mine.

Fewer pilots than anticipated took the early out. (about 25 <60 and about 90 >60) The early out was sold to us as an offset to staffing reductions caused by more efficient work rules. We were told to expect around 300 early outs, in reality, around 120 are taking it.

Delta is already about 200 fat on pilots (based on summer schedule). The economy, and how they plan on phasing in the M90s & 717s vs the cuts in DC9s will dictate when hiring begins.

This "early out" will eat up all our 2013 retirees, and lots of the 2014 numbers so there will be little to no movement in senior categories for the next few years. That means West bases are most likely years away for new hires, and decent lines in those bases even further.

I believe there is now a 24 month seat lock for new hires. All hiring will almost completely be into the 717 DTW/ATL, and M88/90 NYC categories. My opinion is that hiring won't happen until late 2013, with a weak economy and capacity pull downs as cause. I would like to be wrong about this though!!!

Where did you see those numbers? Also, I thought they had until July 31, then a 2 week period to pull out.

113 as of a few days ago from ATL .Still 15 days to go so it's not final but I would think not that many more lets say 50. In the past about 10% will retract in the period used to let folks change their mind. I don't think they will get any thing close to the 300 advertised . In my category 744 A some said 9 guys out of 225. I know of one guy who is 63 that is taking the deal. To many of us that just enjoy coming to work I guess.

They have until the 31st to put papers in. Historically most put their papers in the last week available. Then about 10-15% pull their papers.

Delta staffing is anyone's guess. But here's mine.

Fewer pilots than anticipated took the early out. (about 25 <60 and about 90 >60) The early out was sold to us as an offset to staffing reductions caused by more efficient work rules. We were told to expect around 300 early outs, in reality, around 120 are taking it.

Delta is already about 200 fat on pilots (based on summer schedule). The economy, and how they plan on phasing in the M90s & 717s vs the cuts in DC9s will dictate when hiring begins.

This "early out" will eat up all our 2013 retirees, and lots of the 2014 numbers so there will be little to no movement in senior categories for the next few years. That means West bases are most likely years away for new hires, and decent lines in those bases even further.

I believe there is now a 24 month seat lock for new hires. All hiring will almost completely be into the 717 DTW/ATL, and M88/90 NYC categories. My opinion is that hiring won't happen until late 2013, with a weak economy and capacity pull downs as cause. I would like to be wrong about this though!!!

12 month seat lock for new hires now. I agree with your assessment of the early out-I feel like the union just really painted a rosy picture of that. I saw it coming and that's one of the big reasons I voted no on the TA. Now we are stuck with these work rules. I think once the real retirements start, a west coast base would come pretty quickly, though.

All flame needs someone to take the bait.
Well, at least you admit that you are nothing more than a flamebaiter. Thanks for being honest. It's just really pathetic, and kind of sad, that an active line pilot for a great company like Southwest Airlines has, as his major hobby, flamebaiting on an internet message board on a nearly daily basis. Literally....Unbelievable and sad.

Latest resources

Back