Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta & US Airways DUMP Quest for LGA gate swaps!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'd love to see more SWA in LGA.... It makes NO sense with your business model.... Start going into the real airports and see what happens... Your quick turns wont happen, ATC delays etc.... And then you will be bumping even more customers off planes and when the fines go up for bumping, which SWA has been showed to be the worst of all carriers with over selling, will have to start wondering why they made such a stupid move to move into a market that doesnt fit their model..... I mean after all there's a reason you are in BWI, MDW, HOU, DAL and not the real airports in those cities such as IAD, ORD, IAH, DFW..... Because those simply do not allow your company to do what they do best which is unload, load, and go flying.... A plane on the ground isnt making money... And SWA would be silly to change their model....

Bingo... we have a winner winner fried chicken dinner

Can Delta and USAir have all of your MDW gates? How about your current LGA slots? I bet SWA doesn't want DL or US to have them.

You're just sayin'......

Bye Bye--General Lee

Sounds to me like SWA just wants the ability to bid on them. What's wrong with that? Would it be right to offer a contract and not consider all bidders? As far as I know SWA has no MDW gates or LGA slots for sale. If they do, I would expect SWA to allow any interested party to bid on them.

Welcome to america-
we don't have an unregulated capitalistic system. We just don't- and for good reason- unregulated capitalism devolves into feudalism and will hurt overall GDP as the productivity of those crushed by monopolies and the powerful slip.

I swear some of you need to retake Macro-econ-

If youre not willing to do that- try what my Macro teacher had us do- get a computer Monopoly game- (there's an APP for that!)-
1st lesson= try to win as quick as possible-
2nd lesson= try to win with the most money at the end-

Spend a bit of time w/ that simple game and you'll see why regulation and redistribution of wealth are positives- and why monopolies are so dangerous.

As far as this particular deal- these have always been regulated slots- they are not a physical possession that the govt has no right to control.

Swa is coming to the big towns- sorry you don't like that... But I'm positive we don't care how "unfair" you think it is considering we still operate under the wright amendment

Welcome to america-
we don't have an unregulated capitalistic system. We just don't- and for good reason- unregulated capitalism devolves into feudalism and will hurt overall GDP as the productivity of those crushed by monopolies and the powerful slip.

I swear some of you need to retake Macro-econ-

If youre not willing to do that- try what my Macro teacher had us do- get a computer Monopoly game- (there's an APP for that!)-
1st lesson= try to win as quick as possible-
2nd lesson= try to win with the most money at the end-

Spend a bit of time w/ that simple game and you'll see why regulation and redistribution of wealth are positives- and why monopolies are so dangerous.

As far as this particular deal- these have always been regulated slots- they are not a physical possession that the govt has no right to control.

Swa is coming to the big towns- sorry you don't like that... But I'm positive we don't care how "unfair" you think it is considering we still operate under the wright amendment

Re reading your post is almost comical.
Take your obama economics and attitude and go live in iran you communist pig! Share the wealth? Good thing your ignorance for the constitution is as ignorant as it is with aviation. You couldn't be any more of a moron if you tried!(well maybe)
No wonder you wound up at southwest, you couldn't pass the interview anywhere else. Good thing for pay for training so you could at least use your mom and dad's money to buy your job at the airline that set the standard for sub par wages, benefits, and workrules!~
YOU rock dude!

Go get laid dude...I'm American made through and through with no help from anyone except the US govt through the student loan program and early on the cal PEL grant system-
both govt's investment in me have paid dividends to each-
unfortunately for you- I know the constitution and the govt can act economically for the greater good of everyone- sorry you think the founding fathers had it wrong:

Article I
*****Section 8. Clause 1: The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

Go get laid dude...
I will, tell mom I'll be there by 10, and you better clean out that trailer mess!

I'm American made through and through with no help from anyone except the US govt through the student loan program and early on the cal PEL grant system-
Just like your boy obama, eh?:rolleyes:

both govt's investment in me have paid dividends to each-
unfortunately for you- I know the constitution and the govt can act economically for the greater good of everyone- sorry you think the founding fathers had it wrong:

Article I
*****Section 8. Clause 1: The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

And yet nowhere in there does it say anything about "redistribution of wealth." But working for a company that requires you to "buy your job," not surprising.
I'm sure you and Hugo Chavez could be quite good pals. Although you won't get there on your bottom feeding airline!;)
Now, how about you go get ********************ed..... dude!

Sounds to me like SWA just wants the ability to bid on them. What's wrong with that? Would it be right to offer a contract and not consider all bidders? As far as I know SWA has no MDW gates or LGA slots for sale. If they do, I would expect SWA to allow any interested party to bid on them.

I think Donald Trump should be able to bid on your CURRENT house for $50,000 less than it is worth. Is that fair? DL and US OWN the slots now. Why again do you want to "bid on them?" DL and USAir ALREADY OWN THEM NOW. That is what you fail to understand. SWA could have bid on them years ago when the bidding was open to everyone, and they elected not to, since their business model at the time was to avoid busy airports. Just because your model has changed now, doesn't mean you should be able to bid on something currently OWNED by someone else.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Better than working for your BOY Republicans and Tea Party Anti Americans. Never in the history of this country was there such internal destructive forces at work than conservatism and Republicanism in its present form. I'm a Texan from a military family. Seen the insanity first hand and while it sounds good it is destructive and divisive and anti American.

I'd love to see more SWA in LGA.... It makes NO sense with your business model.... Start going into the real airports and see what happens... Your quick turns wont happen, ATC delays etc.... And then you will be bumping even more customers off planes and when the fines go up for bumping, which SWA has been showed to be the worst of all carriers with over selling, will have to start wondering why they made such a stupid move to move into a market that doesnt fit their model..... I mean after all there's a reason you are in BWI, MDW, HOU, DAL and not the real airports in those cities such as IAD, ORD, IAH, DFW..... Because those simply do not allow your company to do what they do best which is unload, load, and go flying.... A plane on the ground isnt making money... And SWA would be silly to change their model....

When you're in the largest market in the country you charge enough to park on the taxiway for 2 hours.

We're coming. Get ready.

Gup

Latest resources

Back