• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta to trim future domestic, int'l capacity

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yep-United is competeing real well against them in DEN, so is Frontier! How is USAir enjoying PHL with SWA kicking the dog snot out of their old "fortress?"

DAL is really making big mistakes these days-international travel runs in cycles-and they are putting far to many eggs in that basket! We are all set for a freefall in intl. demand-it is gonna tank way harder than domestic and take far longer to recover. Even the pacific rim economies are crashing-intl. travel is about to hit a serious roadblock.

I know people who work for major worldwide corporations who used to travel all the time (just a few months ago-all these guys were traveling wide open.). These people are the type of "premium business travelers" airlines love to court. In just a couple of months, the game has changed ENTIRELY for them-these people NEVER fly anymore-emergencies only. NOT GOOD!!!

We have not yet begun to explore the tip of this iceberg. DAL is counting on being "too big to fail," we shall see how true that assumption is in a few years.

-Just remember, all you kool-aid clowns.... I warned you-DAL is trying to kill AirTran, and SWA will take far more out of its butt than AirTran could ever hope to in its wildest dreams! It is clearly not in DAL's interest to kill of the weaker domestic competitor..... You may think you can "compete" with SWA-you are an absolute idiot if you really believe that. Those SWA guys OWN the domestic route structure, and they are about to own ATL.....

I am not a fan of the situation either, but the mistakes DAL'S (I mean NWA's) idiot mgmt. are making will ensure that this scenario becomes impossible to avoid.

-Save these posts-you will find them spooky in a about 5 yrs. Call it flamebait if you wish, but by then, it will be the undeniable truth. SWA will have kicked your teeth in, the international markets will have dried up, and BK will be so nice, you will try it twice!

-All due to the moron mgmt. mistakes I am now outlining for the kool-aid peanut gallery.

Last edited:
Yep-United is competeing real well against them in DEN, so is Frontier! How is USAir enjoying PHL with SWA kicking the dog snot out of their old "fortress?"

DAL is really making big mistakes these days-international travel runs in cycles-and they are putting far to many eggs in that basket! We are all set for a freefall in intl. demand-it is gonna tank way harder than domestic and take far longer to recover. Even the pacific rim economies are crashing-intl. travel is about to hit a serious roadblock.

I know people who work for major worldwide corporations who used to travel all the time (just a few months ago-all these guys were traveling wide open.). These people are the type of "premium business travelers" airlines love to court. In just a couple of months, the game has changed ENTIRELY for them-these people NEVER fly anymore-emergencies only. NOT GOOD!!!

We have not yet begun to explore the tip of this iceberg. DAL is counting on being "too big to fail," we shall see how true that assumption is in a few years.

-Just remember, all you kool-aid clowns.... I warned you-DAL is trying to kill AirTran, and SWA will take far more out of its butt than AirTran could ever hope to in its wildest dreams! It is clearly not in DAL's interest to kill of the weaker domestic competitor..... You may think you can "compete" with SWA-you are an absolute idiot if you really believe that. Those SWA guys OWN the domestic route structure, and they are about to own ATL.....

I am not a fan of the situation either, but the mistakes DAL'S (I mean NWA's) idiot mgmt. are making will ensure that this scenario becomes impossible to avoid.

-Save these posts-you will find them spooky in a about 5 yrs. Call it flamebait if you wish, but by then, it will be the undeniable truth. SWA will have kicked your teeth in, the international markets will have dried up, and BK will be so nice, you will try it twice!

-All due to the moron mgmt. mistakes I am now outlining for the kool-aid peanut gallery.

Ive been at three part 121 carriers and two part 135. I have close contacts throughout the industry including SWA. Thus far in watching Delta management, they are head and shoulders above anything i have seen prevously. They have done a good job of getting out in front of many of the problems. Not only that but the combined experience of Anderson, Bastian, Hauenstien, and Cortelou is nothing to blink at. These guys have been at not only Delta but NWA, Continental, and a couple foreign carriers and have been doing this for a long time. I have a feeling they have a better idea of what to do than a schoolboy like yourself. I dare say this is the best management team in aviation right now. Frankly I am somewhat surprised how efficiently they got governement approval for the merger...not out of the water yet I realize.

RE international vs domestic, given the choice I would take what we got and where we are going any day over stuck in an oversaturated domestic market alone with many more LCC out there than ever before.

Last edited:
Somewhere there is a grocery store sold out of tin foil and Corndog flavored Kool-Aid.

Not a smart strategy, but neither is dumping all the feed and investing heavily is Africa-for God's sake!!!

You've never been to Atlanta?:)

Last edited:
And if you had any business experience, you would realize that the travel pull back is a knee jerk reaction. Most companies do this when the economy tanks. They wait to see what their accountants say and then start traveling again.
My father-in-law's company just did this, and guess what. They looked at their numbers and started their crazy travel schedules again. It explains the sharp dip in mid Oct.
Yes, traffic is off, but with the decline in fuel, it is no where near as bad as it could be.

Lets see how loud you are laughing in a few months as they park all of these RJ's.

I'll translate the above jibberish:

:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

Its easy to understand why this diaper wearing troll is so angry. Delta is parking rj's by the hundreds, literallly, and even Bastain was quoted as saying that he wants out of the rj business. I understand your fear kid, and can sympothize, but after reading the above, maybe I was wrong. Take the pacifier out of your ass!

I'll translate the above jibberish:

:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

Its easy to understand why this diaper wearing troll is so angry. Delta is parking rj's by the hundreds, literallly, and even Bastain was quoted as saying that he wants out of the rj business. I understand your fear kid, and can sympothize, but after reading the above, maybe I was wrong. Take the pacifier out of your ass!

Give the guy a break scope. Looks as if he's an ASA or Comair guy who was rejected by DAL(and others, too) and now will be stuck at a regional for the foreseeable future. Now that he sees backward movement coming at the regional level he feels threatened. Maybe this will enlighten you on this guys feelings:

"Envy (also called invidiousness) may be defined as an emotion that "occurs when a person lacks another’s superior quality, achievement, or possession and either desires it or wishes that the other lacked it."[1] It can also derive from a sense of low self-esteem that results from an upward social comparison threatening a person's self image: another person has something that the envier considers to be important to have. If the other person is perceived to be similar to the envier, the aroused envy will be particularly intense, because it signals to the envier that it just as well could have been him or her who had the desired object.[2][3]
Bertrand Russell said envy was one of the most potent causes of unhappiness.[4] It is a universal and most unfortunate aspect of human nature because not only is the envious person rendered unhappy by his envy, but also wishes to inflict misfortune on others."

Fits him very well, right? :nuts: Any bets his response will include another type of envy(manhood)? Just a guess, but that's his level of maturity.

Last edited:
We will have to see who is right...

-It will only take a couple of years. By then the truth will be too obvious to deny..... Taken a look at USAir's financials lately-how has their stock performance been since the vaunted merger? Looks llike they are doing and awesome job-SWA hasn't damaged them a bit! What about United? These investments are a rocketship to riches! Better get onboard while you can!

Maybe you should put your 401K in 100% DAL stock if I am so wrong.... Call your broker tomorrow-get in on the "ground floor."

-SWA will knock your arrogance down a bit... DAL has the opportunity to prevent this kind of foolishness, but it has shortsighted, arrogant managers......Exactly the same folks who ruined NWA.

-This is gonna be a hoot!

We will have to see who is right...

-It will only take a couple of years. By then the truth will be too obvious to deny..... Taken a look at USAir's financials lately-how has their stock performance been since the vaunted merger? Looks llike they are doing and awesome job-SWA hasn't damaged them a bit! What about United? These investments are a rocketship to riches! Better get onboard while you can!

Maybe you should put your 401K in 100% DAL stock if I am so wrong.... Call your broker tomorrow-get in on the "ground floor."

-SWA will knock your arrogance down a bit... DAL has the opportunity to prevent this kind of foolishness, but it has shortsighted, arrogant managers......Exactly the same folks who ruined NWA.

-This is gonna be a hoot!

How about YOU put your money where your mouth is...care to buy SWA stock? Anyone that invests in ANY airline stock is stupid.

How will ASA be affected in your scenario, genius? Looks like I'd be worried if I were in your shoes, thankfully, I'm not!

That DAL rejection has really gotten to you.:crying:

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back