Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta to Sydney, Australia?? I think so...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow, there's going to be a lot of capacity on that route when Delta starts service. UAL operates a daily 747-400, Qantas operates both A380s and 747-400s and Virgin Blue of Australia will start a new 777 service as well. Hawaiian also operates one stop to SYD through HNL.

Wow, there's going to be a lot of capacity on that route when Delta starts service. UAL operates a daily 747-400, Qantas operates both A380s and 747-400s and Virgin Blue of Australia will start a new 777 service as well. Hawaiian also operates one stop to SYD through HNL.

The flight will depart at 1040PM, so there will probably be some connecting pax from JFK, MSP, DTW, ATL, CVG, MEM, and SLC. Also, we will have the smallest plane (777-200LR) on that route (Virgin Blue or whatever will have a 777-300ER), so we will have the right plane on the route initially to gauge it, and if we need more seats we can replace it with a 744.

Bye Bye--General Lee

DAL knows that overall it is a low yeild route, but one that needs to be serviced to be a World Airline. Kind of like our LHR service.

Like most routes served with "super premium widebodies" (for my new dal bros:D ) in the past(N.Atl, Nrt, domestic transcons) the light twins will change the competitive landscape. My guess is Ual downgauges to a 777 and Quantas also.

Like most routes served with "super premium widebodies" (for my new dal bros:D ) in the past(N.Atl, Nrt, domestic transcons) the light twins will change the competitive landscape. My guess is Ual downgauges to a 777 and Quantas also.

I am not sure whether Qantas has any 777s. They operate A330s and they ordered a big batch of delayed 787s (7 "late" 7s). Again, the A380s were evidently ordered for the SYD-California and SYD-SIN-LHR routes... That's a lot of seats to fill on very competitive routes with Virgin Blue also joining.

QANTAS (again QANTAS) is the undisputed leader of the OZ-US flying. They will clean Delta's clock 365 days per year on LA-SYD with 400's and eventually A380's.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back