Delta to start recalling pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Todd,

Sorry, this recall just continues to bring back pilots furloughed after 9/11 that are already on the seniority list. There will still be approximately 600 still furloughed after the 125 recalls. Right now, all furloughed pilots are supposed to be on property by 2008. That is a contractually mandated date which will hopefully coincide with staffing requirements.

If all furloughed pilots are actually offered recall by that date or when off-the-street hiring commences afterwards is anyone's guess. Practically speaking it could be 2010 before we hire again. But on the bright side, you'll have 8-10,000 hours then!

Thanks for the info. I was hoping for better news (ie, They were hiring NOW!) but I will have to wait. Bad news is that my LOA runs out 11/06. So I will not continue to accrue longevity.

Stifler's Mom said:
True, but sit behind AirTran when they start to move, and you'll get hit in the nuts by the yoke in the ATR. Takeoff Power is not needed on the ramp or taxiways. ;)

That's a good point. I wish more people would look at that. Abot 45% N1 or 1.05 EPR will get the thing rolling even when heavy on single engine taxi.

They get a few hits on their website, lower fares, and recall pilots. These guys are genius. Good news for the furloughs. Hopefully it will last through the summer before they are furloghed again.

Anytime furloughees are recalled, it's good news for everybody. And I do hope it lasts a lot longer than through the summer. Good luck guys and welcome back!

Last edited:
AA717driver said:
aa73--I thought that taxi checklist was just an effort by AMR to maximize the "head down" time by the pilots while the aircraft was moving... :p TC

Well they certainly achieved that objective didn't they? AA had 54 runway incursions last July - SWA had 1 - and SWA has more daily departures than AA!

Tomct said:
aa73..Hey thanks for the heads up on WHY In DEE HE11 you guys move so slow.

Well, when I upgrade to captain - in about 30 years - I promise I'll taxi, or hover, or whatever the technology requires, at a faster clip. Scout's honor!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back