Delta to start recalling pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
mach zero said:
Darn! In the past all we had to worry about was cutting off AirTran on the taxiways now it looks like we will have to cut off Delta as well.

Heh-heh. Get stuck behind Delta and grow a beard on the way to the gate.

What about the guys who supposedly had their recall rights terminated?

pilotyip said:
What about the guys who supposedly had their recall rights terminated?

Bad info pilotyip. No recall rights were terminated, the recall schedule changed from a minimum number/month to all back NLT 08/2008.

Hey, Delta pilots taxi a lot faster than the "Sky-Nazi's" of American! Talk about milking the clock. I could walk faster than they drive their airplanes. They are always slowing us down coming and going to DFW!

Ty Webb said:
Heh-heh. Get stuck behind Delta and grow a beard on the way to the gate.

True, but sit behind AirTran when they start to move, and you'll get hit in the nuts by the yoke in the ATR. Takeoff Power is not needed on the ramp or taxiways. ;)

Delta we taxi slow and use the whole runway, plus a little more. It just shows that our Pilots fly better drunk than Delta's do sober. I think I just insulted myself.

Tomct said:
Hey, Delta pilots taxi a lot faster than the "Sky-Nazi's" of American! Talk about milking the clock. I could walk faster than they drive their airplanes. They are always slowing us down coming and going to DFW!

It's because of our ridiculously long and detailed taxi/before TO checklist. It wouldn't even be halfway complete if we taxied at everyone else's pace. Sorry man...

P.S. I am the Anti-Nazi

aa73--I thought that taxi checklist was just an effort by AMR to maximize the "head down" time by the pilots while the aircraft was moving... :p TC

For those of you at Delta/furloughed delta, I need your help.

I need clarification on the current news about Delta and their Pilot situation.
For some background...I was hired at Delta in 1992 as a Design Engineer and worked there until 1999 when I took a 2-year Leave of Absence (LOA). This was to finish up gaining the required hours necessary to get a pilot slot. Quite literally I was 2 weeks away from my interview with Plato when Delta cut off hiring, and subsequently 9-11 sealed off any hopes of getting a slot in the near future. However, Delta was kind enough to grant me 5 additional years LOA and I am still trying to get back to Delta before 11/06 expiration. So....Does this news about Delta and its pilot info have anything to do with new-hires or internal transfers? I checked the DeltaNet intranet site on job openings and found nothing. Can anyone in the know please direct me to the right area and/or personnel? Your help will be much appreciated and I am looking forward to returning to Mecca. (BTW currently flying for Regional as CRJ Captain w/ 5K hours, 1600 PIC).

Thanks
Todd

Pilottodd2 said:
For those of you at Delta/furloughed delta, I need your help.

I need clarification on the current news about Delta and their Pilot situation.
For some background...I was hired at Delta in 1992 as a Design Engineer and worked there until 1999 when I took a 2-year Leave of Absence (LOA). This was to finish up gaining the required hours necessary to get a pilot slot. Quite literally I was 2 weeks away from my interview with Plato when Delta cut off hiring, and subsequently 9-11 sealed off any hopes of getting a slot in the near future. However, Delta was kind enough to grant me 5 additional years LOA and I am still trying to get back to Delta before 11/06 expiration. So....Does this news about Delta and its pilot info have anything to do with new-hires or internal transfers? I checked the DeltaNet intranet site on job openings and found nothing. Can anyone in the know please direct me to the right area and/or personnel? Your help will be much appreciated and I am looking forward to returning to Mecca. (BTW currently flying for Regional as CRJ Captain w/ 5K hours, 1600 PIC).

Thanks
Todd

If I remember correctly, being an internal transfer wouldn't do you any good if there was no hiring going on( I think that's what you asked). When/if it starts up again, my guess is that at least you'll be able to get them to look at you a bit easier than the guy off the street. Plato is a hard man to corner. When I was pitching for a friend of mine, I had to lie in ambush in Plato's office and jump him as he walked in the door because he wouldn't answer my voicemail messages.

Good luck to you. Sounds like your quals are very good.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back