• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta to hire again?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They will put 70 seats in the jets and bring them on line. Then they will ask the union for relief on the hull restriction. We say OK, they add six seats in each jet, they get what they want and we loose more mainline jets with out knowing what hit us.

I definately agree on this one, and it pretty much renders any discussion of scope triggers/flowdowns a moot point. They are but an LOA away from going bye-bye.

ALPA has already demonstrated that when the company yells "boo," they pee their pants.

Examples on the FNWA side include allowing compass to be created, the whole bankruptcy TA in general, allowing flex-up while pilot's were on furlough (even though prohibited in the contract). On the FDAL side we have the act of allowing retired pilots to come back and fly while pilots were on furlough.

Oh, and now they want to allow retired pilots to be able to collect their full pensions, and come back and fly part-time.

Last edited:
Enough with the furlough talk already. You guys are going to force me to crack open some cold ones in the fridge. :beer:

I definately agree on this one, and it pretty much renders any discussion of scope triggers/flowdowns a moot point. They are but an LOA away from going bye-bye.

ALPA has already demonstrated that when the company yells "boo," they pee their pants.

Examples on the FNWA side include allowing compass to be created, the whole bankruptcy TA in general, allowing flex-up while pilot's were on furlough (even though prohibited in the contract). On the FDAL side we have the act of allowing retired pilots to come back and fly while pilots were on furlough.

Oh, and now they want to allow retired pilots to be able to collect their full pensions, and come back and fly part-time.

On a side note the Compass flowthrough MAY end up being the thorn in mgmts side keeping them FROM furloughing.

On a side note the Compass flowthrough MAY end up being the thorn in mgmts side keeping them FROM furloughing.

I got to thinking . . . say they had to furlough 500, and 300 said they wanna go to Compass (for reasons we cannot fathom :)).

Some would start training right away but clearly they cannot train more than about 20-30 a month to go to Compass due to the number of sims, instructors, and check airman available.

Would the ones waiting collect min guarantee somewhere while they wait? That is a heck of a lot of money if you add it all up, not to mention the cost of training each pilot and then re-training Compass pilots a year or two or three later as they come back in and meanwhile mainline recalls are ALSO back in THEIR training at that time. Wow. Big bucks.

Hopefully none of it happens.

That's what I am trying to say......The flowdown is but an LOA away from going buh-bye. Ie: not the deterrent you may think.

Either that, or the company simply ignores the flowdown, and tells alpa to "grieve" it. 6,7,8 years later it might get resolved. Meanwhile, you're on the street. You do realize don't you, that every pilot furloughed after 9-11 was denied the furlough pay in the contract. Some of them won the grievance, yet here it is 8 years later, and they still do not have their money. (For you DAL folks, that denial was courtesy of your RA)

Yes. For the record, NWA mgt. had discussed furloughs a few months back, but decided that since they would have to furlough everyone at Compass and retrain an entire airline, the furlough idea was nixed.

I don't know how you guys are doing on staffing on other fleets/positions but the MSP757FO is definitely over-staffed.

Last edited:
Yes. For the record, NWA mgt. had discussed furloughs a few months back, but decided that since they would have to furlough everyone at Compass and retrain an entire airline, the furlough idea was nixed.

I don't know how you guys are doing on staffing on other fleets/positions but the MSP757FO is definitely over-staffed.

we're short enough on the Bus that i am holding a temp block and i have been here only a year..

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back