Delta to hire 300 pilots this year

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Does it matter?

DAL hires qualified pilots. It has always been my impression that they do not care what the person looks like or what category they fit in to. If they meet they criteria then the person gets hired.

You might remember years ago when UAL was going on its minority hiring craze, DAL just paid the fine by not meeting EEOC requirements so they could continue to hire the most qualified pilots.

Programs like this let the airlines identify talent and then make sure it is funneled to their airline. It is smart. We have a few pilots here at DAL that did this program the first time. They even got the honor of doing 73N types with the FAA giving the type. I can easily say that they are more than qualified.

Quit the banter. You want to get noticed, find a way to shine.

You might remember years ago when UAL was going on its minority hiring craze, DAL just paid the fine by not meeting EEOC requirements so they could continue to hire the most qualified pilots.

...and a UAL 747-400, weighing almost a million pounds, took off for Sydney and nearly crashed at SFO because one of those hiring-binge gems couldn't handle a real-life engine-out...

One event and one pilot. The problem was fixed at UAUA. ATP mins.

Also I do not know of one pilot here at DAL hired in the last 10 years that did not have ample experience.

I'm not so sure. When I was a flight instructor Delta flew into WMU to give out minority scholarships. It was a full ride paid for by Delta. The ones that received the scholarships were well deserving and very bright. However, the instructors that trained them couldn't even get an interview with any Delta Connection carrier.

As soon as these minorities finished (with only a couple hundred hours) they were given interviews (mostly Comair and ASA). I have also heard several of these pilots are now at Delta with zero PIC. I wish I knew some names to check the seniority list.

Anyways, I think diversity is great but not at the cost of other more qualified applicants.

[QUOTE/]

Anyways, I think diversity is great but not at the cost of other more qualified applicants.[/QUOTE]

That's the problem with "diversity"....

...it specifically requires selection "at the cost of other more qualified applicants"

Otherwise, why bother even having a word which means "we bypass better-qualified applicants"?

Latest resources

Back