Delta to Drop CHQ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Gen Lee....

YOU don't get to decide how anything works out, as you so often think you do. You don't speak for all Delta pilots, or have a hand in ANY of the things being negotiated. You are just a small part of the program, like the rest of us! Quit pronouncing your opinions as gospel fact, as to what will or will not happen! It is sooooooooo tiresome!!!!!

79%N1 said:
Gen Lee....

YOU don't get to decide how anything works out, as you so often think you do. You don't speak for all Delta pilots, or have a hand in ANY of the things being negotiated. You are just a small part of the program, like the rest of us! Quit pronouncing your opinions as gospel fact, as to what will or will not happen! It is sooooooooo tiresome!!!!!

Thanks DAD. I know a heck of a lot more about my group than you do. I was there! And as far as what will happen, I CAN TELL YOU WHAT WILL NOT HAPPEN, and you won't like it.

Bye Bye--General Lee

79%N1 said:
Gen Lee....

Your just jealous b/c I have a hot wife, and I fly my 767 to all the exotic places. You dont want to mess with me b/c I look like a soaking wet 40yr old lurch! If you cant debate me, don't even resort to name calling. All us Delta pilots will strike if that judge takes away everything we have worked for. Ronny wont get his way with us.

General Lee said:
Thanks DAD. I know a heck of a lot more about my group than you do. I was there! And as far as what will happen, I CAN TELL YOU WHAT WILL NOT HAPPEN, and you won't like it.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Ooooh, tell me Oh Great and Powerful One!!!! I cant wait to hear this scary news! Maybe you want me to go get the Wicked Witch of the West's broomstick to prove I'm worthy. The funny thing is, we have all seen behind the curtain, and the Great Wizard is just a tired, old pathetic dude.

And you can't possibly know the thoughts, whims, and feelings of 6000+ people. Sorry. I don't buy your tired act anymore.

comrcap said:
Staple this........_________ (insert appropriate digit)
You guys had your chance with the PID and told us we were crazy. Now even a drowning man will grab an extended knife.

Give me a break. There are still some old cmr people that think that they should have had DOH over at DL. Had both sides been a bit more reasonable I'm sure that something could have been worked out between asa, cmr and dl. It probably would have kept the flying in house and created a higher quality of life for everyone.

General Lee said:
Say what? United's contract came up first. What were we supposed to do, just threaten a strike before our contract came up? It actually takes TIME to get a contract negotiated. We did most of our pay raise when Delta ordered 777s before they had a pay rate, and then we added new rates to every other plane. That is how it happened.

Like I said, United did the heavy lifting. Contract 2000 was a quantum improvement over any other existing agreement at the time. The incremental advances Delta made could hardly be considered "raising the bar."

General Lee said:
And, can you explain your theory about the destruction of "alter-ego protection"? I can't wait to debate you on this one.

ALPA's (which is to say ALPA's mainline interests) position that Scope language in "regional" contracts was "industrially and legally impractical" was the missing piece of the puzzle that allowed management to transform flying from a job and a career into a commodity.

Bye Bye--General Lee[/QUOTE]

General Lee said:
As far as voting for RJs at Delta (ALPA)--I just arrived at DL after the big vote for the '96 contract. My first voting contract was C2K. I wouldn't mind one large seniority list, but there would have to be some major stapling going on. That doesn't appeal to most of your senior pilots, who, like the senior guys at ASA and Comair, contend they "have been flying DL passengers all along, and deserve credit for that." Nah, that is not how it works. If we could iron that out, then maybe it could be a possibility, but managements would not allow that---they don't want the greater leverage that would bring and less whipsawing potential.

Bye Bye--General Lee

And you know that with your MEC at the time, they didn't want anything to do with us at ASA. It wasn't until Malone that DALPA worked with us.

So tell the whole story General. Not just your side.

Texx said:
And you know that with your MEC at the time, they didn't want anything to do with us at ASA. It wasn't until Malone that DALPA worked with us.

So tell the whole story General. Not just your side.

Well, they obviously "let" you expand with 50 seat RJs and BAE146s back in '96. That was darn nice of them. Remember also that DL bought you because ASA was $crewing up big time, and then only then did Dalpa have to deal with you because you were starting to get more and more RJs and we were owned by the same people.

And what about the "other part" of the whole story, when ASA thought they would be part of the ALPA merger policy when they were bought, and most Captains jumped up and down, thinking they would move into a DL Captain slot.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back