• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta to Discontinue Hilton Head Operations

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We could only dream..... Hawaiian Airlines used to do it (Dash-7). KLM Cityhopper does it with the Fokker 50. It would be nice....and we could always staple Compass to the list, and give them the larger Dash-8s. Sound good to you?

Bye Bye---General Lee

How about you fly the Dash 8 on DAL-LBB turns all day long instead?
Delta pilots should fly all the Delta passengers, even to LBB and HHH.

Maybe HHH will take note of this and reconsider lengthening their runway. There is no reason why they can't extend that runway another couple thousand feet.

Enjoy US Air HHH... "Come fly with US!" 0.o

Give me my ATR back, and I will get 56 happy people into HHH!

This is what scares me about Delta. They do not plan for the future!

Delta, or any airline, is not in the business of getting everyone where they want to go. They are in the business of getting the right number of people for the right price.

If they average the same number of open seats to SAV as paid seats to HHH there is no reason to fly there.

Delta, or any airline, is not in the business of getting everyone where they want to go. They are in the business of getting the right number of people for the right price.

If they average the same number of open seats to SAV as paid seats to HHH there is no reason to fly there.

The people that live in HHH would beg to differ.

That would be a great new Delta slogan! "We're not in the business of getting everyone where they want to go"

How about you fly the Dash 8 on DAL-LBB turns all day long instead?
Delta pilots should fly all the Delta passengers, even to LBB and HHH.

Well, fortunately I am senior enough to fly larger jets and to see the world on Delta's dime. But, if we staple Compass on our list, and then add larger Dashes onto their certificate, then that would solve a lot. It also would allow DL to monitor the training under our house, which is lacking with some regionals out there obviously. As far as LBB goes, I honestly will NEVER have to go there. Seniority is awesome.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Maybe HHH will take note of this and reconsider lengthening their runway. There is no reason why they can't extend that runway another couple thousand feet.

Enjoy US Air HHH... "Come fly with US!" 0.o

Never gonna happen.

It is easier to kill a person than it is a tree on that little island. If they substantially lengthened that runway I would be very, very suprised.

45ish out....

Yea I counted 42 one day when you guys were boarding. I flew the Dash 8 300's in and out a couple of times and it was tuff to get 40-42 on it out of HHH.

Our Dash 8 100's due really well (33pax), but the Mesaba Crew told me they could only take 19 pax out and 10 bags. I was wondering if that was even worth the trip.

Be nice now if we could go back to the days we had 14 flights a day from CLT-HHH. Those were the party days! 8 crews at the hotel = trouble!

Latest resources

Back