• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta to announce SLC--Paris nonstop

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What do you want people to say? Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is wonderful!!!!!!!! Where do I sign up??????

Give me a break! Ok, you're going to Paris from SLC. CAL does that as well from EWR And IAH. AA does it as well from JFK and DFW. We get it, you're drinking the DAL propoganda kool-aid. 99% of folks traveling nowadays care about 1 thing - what is the cheapest ticket on orbitz? It could be CAL, DAL, AA, or Air Bangladesh.

Ok that's my "addition."

You sound like an idiot. I'll tell you what you shouldn't say--"yawn." That's stupid. And, I don't even work for Delta. A lot of good things are happening over there, and they are actually hiring now, which people on here may want to know about. Can 99% of the folks in SLC go to Paris nonstop on some other carrier? Maybe Delta or Skywest pilots would like to know that type of news so they can maybe nonrev someday over there. Your addition makes YOU look dumb.

What do you want people to say? Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is wonderful!!!!!!!! Where do I sign up??????

Give me a break! Ok, you're going to Paris from SLC. CAL does that as well from EWR And IAH. AA does it as well from JFK and DFW. We get it, you're drinking the DAL propoganda kool-aid. 99% of folks traveling nowadays care about 1 thing - what is the cheapest ticket on orbitz? It could be CAL, DAL, AA, or Air Bangladesh.

Ok that's my "addition."

Scrapdog,

You forgot AA from ORD to Paris

You sound like an idiot. I'll tell you what you shouldn't say--"yawn." That's stupid. And, I don't even work for Delta. A lot of good things are happening over there, and they are actually hiring now, which people on here may want to know about. Can 99% of the folks in SLC go to Paris nonstop on some other carrier? Maybe Delta or Skywest pilots would like to know that type of news so they can maybe nonrev someday over there. Your addition makes YOU look dumb.

Actually, no - you are the idiot. This is what you posted to me on 5/26/07 - right around the time of Memorial Day:

Maybe Gen Lee does enjoy his job, is that so bad? You love CAL so much you go out on Military leave when you can. Looks like you chose Iraq over EWR. Good choice.

Thankfully everyone saw what a moronic post you made and how absolutely haenious it was. Most folks scoffed the piss out of you after that here on FI - and with good reason saying I "choose mil leave when I can." You absolutely have no clue how many guys are sacrificing, no wait...I'm sorry - according to you "choosing" military leave when they wish so badly they could be flying an airliner back at home with their family. You have zero credibility in my book and I think I can safely say most folks on here lost complete respect for you.

My addition might have made me look dumb - but yours above made you look completely pathetic.

Does the "romantic allure of France" appeal to the Mormons in SLC?

It's Deltas western hub. Look at a route map genius and you will see why the flight will be filled. Maybe your too busy over there to notice anything constructive and positive in commercial aviation.

No - this is a 737-700 that has the before mentioned changes.

Maybe I'm missing something. The -600 is a shorter NG that seats 110 in 2 classes (a little over 100 seats). It has derated engines (down to 20K). It does weigh more than a 190, but I would say that is because the 737 has a more robust design than Embraer. It also has the same type as the -700/-800. It hasn't been too popular because a -700/-800 have better economics since it has almost the same cost per hour except they carry more passengers.

Maybe you're talking about a -700 airframe that has 100 seats (like the CRJs that had 40 something seats for scope, but were identical in airframe to the 50 seats). I would much rather see a Boeing at Delta than Embraer. It just seems a stock -600 might fit the needs if you're looking for a roughly 100 seater with the same type as a -700.

Are they still making those? Why wouldn't have Southwest bought them if they were a good option? They dumped their 737-200s, and the 736 would have been a good option, but instead got all 737-700s. Maybe other airlines see the same thing. The operational costs are probably the same.

They may not be a good option, but my response was in regards to a "-700 lite" with the same type that performs like an EMB-190. If you're looking for the same type with approximately 100 seats (about 110) that performs like a 190, then the -600 is pretty close. As far as I know, the -600 is still an option to purchase, though I don't think many airlines have bought them.

SWA had the -200s before the -300s came on line. When the NG was designed, they opted for the -700 since it has the same capacity as the -300s and could be interchanged (all along knowing the -700s would be around a lot longer than the -200s). The only hiccup was the -500s which arrived in between the middle of the -300s and before the -700s. I have a feeling they may be going away soon since there are only 25 (out of 503) and they cause problems with interchanges ( they cause problems when you swap aircraft and it was planned for 137 and it goes to 122). You're right the economics of a -600 don't make sense compared to a -7/8/9 on CASM, but if you're looking for a common 737 type that has about 100 seats; that is how I came to asking if the -600 fits the bill.

Last edited:
It's Deltas western hub. Look at a route map genius and you will see why the flight will be filled. Maybe your too busy over there to notice anything constructive and positive in commercial aviation.

Just because the flight can be filled with $499 RT vacationers that does not mean the flight is sustainable and profitable genius. It has been rumored that Delta has been asking a quite a bit of insentives from the city of SLC to make this work because they feel that it may be tough to fill up business class seats, trying to make it a relatively, risk free endeavour. We don't even know if it carries cargo from this high altitude airport especially hot summer days.

Actually, no - you are the idiot. This is what you posted to me on 5/26/07 - right around the time of Memorial Day:

Thankfully everyone saw what a moronic post you made and how absolutely haenious it was. Most folks scoffed the piss out of you after that here on FI - and with good reason saying I "choose mil leave when I can." You absolutely have no clue how many guys are sacrificing, no wait...I'm sorry - according to you "choosing" military leave when they wish so badly they could be flying an airliner back at home with their family. You have zero credibility in my book and I think I can safely say most folks on here lost complete respect for you.

My addition might have made me look dumb - but yours above made you look completely pathetic.

My addition was hillarious. Thanks for supporting our country, but EWR is not the most desirable place to be on the planet, as I pointed out. There is a difference between being just dumb and ignorant, and being witty. I am the latter.

Last edited:
Just because the flight can be filled with $499 RT vacationers that does not mean the flight is sustainable and profitable genius. It has been rumored that Delta has been asking a quite a bit of insentives from the city of SLC to make this work because they feel that it may be tough to fill up business class seats, trying to make it a relatively, risk free endeavour. We don't even know if it carries cargo from this high altitude airport especially hot summer days.

I guess the Delta folks don't have anyone looking at potential revenue sources? They don't look at routes to see if they could be potentially profitable? They probably are looking also for grants from the city of SLC (to ensure break even atleast) and are making sure any possible Skyteam connections could be met in CDG. I bet they are more ontop of this than you think. The have added more than 50 International flights this year, and most are still running I believe. If they don't do well, then I think they are gone quickly. And SLC is a fairly big hub for Delta, with plenty of connections available. I don't think it would only be filled with local Mormons. Hub to hub connections usually do well.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back