• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Heavy Set

Delta Airlines to announce non-stop flights from Salt Lake City to Paris

Last Update: Aug 1, 2007

SALT LAKE CITY (ABC 4 News) - You may soon, for the first time ever, be able to fly from Utah to Europe without stopping!

Several sources now tell ABC 4 News that Delta Airlines will soon unveil a non stop flight from Salt Lake to Paris.

For years, it seemed like this European non-stop route would go from here to London.

But from what we're being told, it will instead be Salt Lake to France instead.

It's tempting to say that Delta would pick a non-stop to Paris because of the romantic allure of France.

But according to our sources, it may have been picked more for economic reasons.

We're being told that Delta will use the Salt Lake airport to Charles de Gaulle Airport in Paris.

This instead of the Heathrow Airport in London.

Paris is considered by some to be a better Delta hub than London.

Also, flying into Paris is said to gives travelers better access to the rest of Europe and others parts of the world.

Reportedly, these flights may not start until next year.

And while it might be a long flight - more than ten hours it could open the doors to both international trade or business and to tourists.

Not only might this international route bring money to the airport and Salt Lake, it could also protect Delta's presence in Salt Lake by making the city an even stronger Delta hub.

As for Delta, a spokesperson said that the airline may have an announcement in a couple of weeks.

Guys,
On Delta's site the interactive route map shows 5 destinations in Europe directly connected to SLC (if you click on SLC).
But if you try to book a reservation it'll show at least one stop.. Just a bad map?

http://delta.innosked.com/

I heard there is a 75/6 base in SLC. Where do they go?

Thanks

Last edited:
Guys,
On Delta's site the interactive route map shows 5 destinations in Europe directly connected to SLC (if you click on SLC).
But if you try to book a reservation it'll show at least one stop.. Just a bad map?

http://delta.innosked.com/

I heard there is a 75/6 base in SLC. Where do they go?

Thanks

I think their SLC base has a domestic 757/767 base. Any international flying would be done with NY or ATL based 767ER pilots, maybe with a 6 day trip from one of those to CDG, over to SLC, then back to NY or ATL I would think. I have friends at each on of those international bases and one of them told me of the above scenario.

Last edited:
Does the "romantic allure of France" appeal to the Mormons in SLC?

Maybe the large Skyteam hub there with connections all over Europe, Africa, and Asia. There are plenty of Mormons all over the world. Also the skiing is probably better in SLC (Park City) than most of Europe, since last year was terrible.

is this going to be flown on the 900?

Apparently there are a few routes in ATL that will move to JFK (nonstops to Edinburgh, Scottland for example) freeing up 767-300ERs (the new 757ERs will do some of those flights from JFK) for new flights, like the proposed SLC--CDG. I bet it will be a money maker. It will also allow connections to places like Jackson Hole, Sun Valley, Aspen, and Steamboat Springs for rich Europeans. CDG is a huge hub for the Skyteam alliance.

haven't heard this one.

What I have heard:

2 757ERs have arrived. They will be put into service in domestic configuration initially--probably some Hawaii, then will enter international service starting Jan 1. 13 of them will be up in JFK doing UK, western and northern Europe. Perhaps even some new cities--thin cities.

JFK-Tel Aviv will be announced.

Delta is expecting to be awarded ATL-Bejing, and perhaps Shanghai as well as part of the contingency of Bejing. Should be official sometime in Sept.

Fleet of 777s will double in the next 2-3 years. Also looking at some existing 777s from other carriers. Definitely 4 777s next year coming. Cairo is a candidate.

100 seater a problem. No good options. 737-700 lite version is being worked on with boeing. Derated engines, certain equipment left off to make it perform similar to emb a/c with same type rating.

Negotiations continue to acquire 13-23 or 24 md 90s in next couple of years as a stopgap 100 seater in exchange for rjs.

10 737-700s for sure starting to arrive 1 year from now. Total of 32-33 a/c over next 2-3 years

Latest resources

Back