Delta Strike

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
islandhopper said:
As a matter of fact if the contracts are thrown out we can indeed strike. Immediately, no cooling off period, no NMB, no contract, no pilots.

That is exactly how I read it, when the pilots at U came close to this scenario.

It would be a wet dream, if not the wettest, of airline management, getting a judge to allow them to drop the contract and then have the judge force the employees to come to work the next day.

The company and the employees, in these cases at least, are both expected to comply with the RLA, if a company was to throw out the contract, then they would no longer be acting in accordance with the RLA, hence the contract would be rendered null and void, which means the employees are free to walk off the job, like Islandhopper says, no cooling off, no nmb.

The issues, AFAIK, has never been tested in court, although I have seen many opinions on it. I doubt any judge would ever issue such a ruling, ie contract voided, but you have to come to work. I think if one did and your personal choice was not to go to work, civil disobedience would be the order of the day, anything else, however paid, is tantamount to slavery.

islandhopper said:
Not according to Judge Faris in Hawaii. Aloha is three weeks ahead of Delta in their 1113c process.

http://starbulletin.com/2005/11/11/business/story01.html

As a matter of fact if the contracts are thrown out we can indeed strike. Immediately, no cooling off period, no NMB, no contract, no pilots.

Let me rephrase.

If they walk off, they will be out of a job because there will be not be a Delta Airlines to work for anymore.

Do you understand now? Is it sinking in at all. Anything? Buhler?

Buckaroo said:
Let me rephrase.

If they walk off, they will be out of a job because there will be not be a Delta Airlines to work for anymore.

Well, sometimes you just have to put a broken horse down. . . .

Buckaroo said:
Let me rephrase.

I think they understand completely. Sometimes you have to do what you have to do.

Buckaroo said:
Let me rephrase.

That would hold true for management too. Pilots strike and they lose their jobs. Is that sinking in?

Latest resources

Back