Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah-

Find someone else to sell that load to.
I understand your fear. I'd be scared too if I were you. The crj 200 has seen its day and is being parked.
Don't worry crj/tanker clown, you can still do your special favors for $5 in the men's room at the airport, and that ever popular one with the 9th graders......Your job at Wendy's!

There is a limit and currently the company cannot get any more. If one inch of this is given, I think that many will be very surprised by the reaction of this group! The pilots over here have had enough.

I don't think anyone would be surprised by the reaction. Scope is becoming the proverbial third rail. This is a different pilot group than a decade ago, when the number priority was protecting the DB and fluffing the FAEs at all costs. We have a great deal more experience and information on the negative effect outsourcing has, not only on the careers of Delta pilots, but the industry as a whole. Outsourcing flying to regional airlines who don't have the structure, the ability and in some cases the desire to improve their contracts is corrosive to the profession and undermines the careers of the mainline pilots.

Last edited:
Outsourcing flying to regional airlines who don't have the structure, the ability and in some cases the desire to improve their contracts is corrosive to the profession and undermines the careers of the mainline pilots.

Oh, I can't wait for joe merchant, n2264j or one of the other rjdc hand jobs to react to this one!
Well said FDJ2!

I don't think anyone would be surprised by the reaction. Scope is becoming the proverbial third rail. This is a different pilot group than a decade ago, when the number priority was protecting the DB and fluffing the FAEs at all costs. We have a great deal more experience and information on the negative effect outsourcing has, not only on the careers of Delta pilots, but the industry as a whole. Outsourcing flying to regional airlines who don't have the structure, the ability and in some cases the desire to improve their contracts is corrosive to the profession and undermines the careers of the mainline pilots.

A decade ago, the ASA and CMR MECs told you this and you didn't listen...

Don't worry about me/Gen Lee-we can still do our special favors for $5 in the men's room at the airport, and that ever popular one with the 9th graders......

-Scope won't help cure what the hell is wrong with you, Gen. You are just a mess.

This point was not made for the audience intra-Delta. It was made in the macro sense. There are many on this board that think we will fold up, at the first hint of scope pressure.
In fact, most people I talk to here at DAL realize that DCI above 76 seats it a total non-starter. That goes for rank and file pilots as well as their bosses, and their bosses boss, all the way up the line.

It does not means they will not ask, they just know the answer prior to the question being asked.

There is a limit and currently the company cannot get any more. If one inch of this is given, I think that many will be very surprised by the reaction of this group! The pilots over here have had enough.

Does that include DAL-S as well? I'm not so certain of Gomer's priorities down there in Mayberry.

Schwanker

Does that include DAL-S as well? I'm not so certain of Gomer's priorities down there in Mayberry.

Schwanker

I hear ya. Fact is that for now none are on order, and the company "states" they do not want more. I want to see it in writing.

I am hoping that there are bigger fish to fry.......

We actually have a very motivated group. Lots of people running that are aware and well versed in this issue.

Latest resources

Back