Delta staffing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Linedriver

Flew with a guy last week says the increased service to New York might foster hiring next year/summer. Anybody else hearing these mumblings?

We are not going to like it, but there will probably only be 30-40 more mainline flights out of this.

But to answer your question, maybe. It have heard very soft rumblings about this. We are overstaffed by 1200-1300 pilots for this winter, and even staffing for next summer. As we can see we see from DAL's 8-K today there is some pricing power coming back to the industry. With that comes demand, and added seats. If we add over 3-4% of our flying back they may seriously look at adding bodies. It takes about three months to go from opening an application window to having bodies in class.
It takes another three months after that. Point is that much like last time, if they need additional pilots for next summer and beyond the decision will be made in the first few weeks of December to early January at the latest. IMHO, they will probably try to short staff the airline to the max extent possible next summer so they can get a better idea on which the way the economy will be moving in 2011. (how fast it will be growing and thus a need for added flights)

On a side note, I think that airlines are going to be very cautious in adding capacity back in.

Nobody is going to hire in 2010......C'mon ACL, you are smarter than that....

Do you really think the early outs helped this overstaffing issue?? Wait until the DC-9's wave bye-bye and the full-on codesharing with Alaska kicks in (We aren't even close to the limit yet).....

We are over staffed and the capacity will come in the form of all the 76 seaters on order....then mainline.

On a side note, I think that airlines are going to be very cautious in adding capacity back in.

Agreed, hopefully they will more concerned with pricing power than market share (for once). This cautious growth could be good (or bad) for some LCCs to expand....

Nobody is going to hire in 2010......C'mon ACL, you are smarter than that....

Do you really think the early outs helped this overstaffing issue?? Wait until the DC-9's wave bye-bye and the full-on codesharing with Alaska kicks in (We aren't even close to the limit yet).....

We are over staffed and the capacity will come in the form of all the 76 seaters on order....then mainline.

Sadly, he is right. The company will go to Moak for relief on numbers of 76 seaters, and he will give it to em. He will try to sell it as a win. As in they are parking a bunch of 50 seat jets, and the feed will me more mainline flights, or some happy horsesh*t like that. But it will happen.

There is a limit and currently the company cannot get any more. If one inch of this is given, I think that many will be very surprised by the reaction of this group! The pilots over here have had enough.

There is a limit and currently the company cannot get any more. If one inch of this is given, I think that many will be very surprised by the reaction of this group! The pilots over here have had enough.

Yeah-

Find someone else to sell that load to.

Yeah-

Find someone else to sell that load to.

Fact is that every action that has been perceived as a change in Section 1 of the PWA has been meet with very harsh criticism. Messing with it will be at the peril of those who do. The guys over here are sick of giving or the perception of giving away this.

I can post more about what is coming, but in reality it just needs to happen.

Latest resources

Back