• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Spanks Servicemen!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Dan, what's this got to do with you guys SCREWING military people? .... Very unprofessional of Delta. Also shows their lack of patriotism.
Tanker Clown, if you really are military, you know these servicemen will get reimbursed and are not getting screwed. In the end, it will cost them nothing and this is business as usual for government travel. It's the government's system and lack of foresight by military travel managers that caused this, not Delta. There is nothing unprofessional or unpatriotic about Delta or any airline expecting to be paid for their services as defined in the contract of carrier and ticketing agreement. The government agreed to these cost when they purchased the tickets and the government should pay for the services they receive.

You just like to stir the pot. Pathetic. Congrats - after 12+ years on FI, you are the first person I've ever put on ignore.

Last edited:
HI Dan,

How do I do the same?......this jackhole Clown has wasted enough of my time!!!

I logged on to this thread because I was sure General Lee and OYS had a majority of replies on page 1. Only 4 of the first 15....man I was way off.

HI Dan,

How do I do the same?......this jackhole Clown has wasted enough of my time!!!

Actually it was Jim that had the delete idea. To be honest clown is not much different from a barking dog and makes about as much sense.

Last edited:
What's sw's policy on excess bags for military? Is there a limit or is it unlimited?

The station manager at on of our cities just informed me SWA has no limit on numbers of bags or weight of bags for troops. I believe Frontier's policy is the same.

Same thing happened with me on American back in 92. I was a senior Lt and didn't bother reading my travel orders that closely, anything more than 3 bags and it was out of my pocket. The Army should have briefed the soldiers better after all, the army signed the contract with delta for how many bags they were allowed to check aboard for free. When I moved my troops in later years I made sure they understood the travel orders. Also the enlisted men should not have posted on youtube, they know better than that. They should be counseled as well as the officer in charge. Anyone who has made a career in the military should understand, civilians..... not so much.

Tanker Clown, if you really are military, you know these servicemen will get reimbursed and are not getting screwed. In the end, it will cost them nothing and this is business as usual for government travel. It's the government's system and lack of foresight by military travel managers that caused this, not Delta. There is nothing unprofessional or unpatriotic about Delta or any airline expecting to be paid for their services as defined in the contract of carrier and ticketing agreement. The government agreed to these cost when they purchased the tickets and the government should pay for the services they receive.

You just like to stir the pot. Pathetic. Congrats - after 12+ years on FI, you are the first person I've ever put on ignore.

Well the press sure thinks it's unprofessional and unpatriotic and obviously Delta did too hence their response.

Well the press sure thinks it's unprofessional and unpatriotic and obviously Delta did too hence their response.
The press thinks anything that gives them a sensationalized headline. Delta is just playing the PR game in response. This is a non-event turned into a media circus.

The press thinks anything that gives them a sensationalized headline. Delta is just playing the PR game in response. This is a non-event turned into a media circus.

Exactly- the media (and people in general) have a fit if they get to their gate and the jetway is disconnected: "That's BS-why don't they just open the door-I am right here." See it all the time. Funny the media never mentions the airlines letting the military into their clubs for free when it costs the public $500/year.

Latest resources

Back