• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Spanks Servicemen!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
IMO they should not have to pay out of their own pockets to begin with...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpie7-lhok8

Building a "Better" airline, we got the passengers back.....

More like Jim's avatar is you ask me.....

Delta flies a lot of MAC charters all over the world and domestically. I have flown a few and the troops seemed to like the service.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Overblown? Maybe for some rich Navy P3 NFO. As an officer of Marines I find it disgusting. - and I'm willing to be I'm not alone.

Getting reimbursed by the GOVT is disgusting? If that is normal, and the Navy guy called it like it is, then you need to relax and relearn how it all works. Is he lying?

Bye Bye--General Lee

All of us in the service have always felt that Delta didn't respect the military. This just proof of that. Thanks for nothing Delta.

How about with a credit card? Then they get the miles, and get reimbursed by the Govt anyway when they file the normal claim. Sounds like a win for them, miles and repayment.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Yeah! Just let the government pay for Delta's poor policy.

Gup

It's better to ask for forgiveness on overcharging for baggage then to spend millions stating you will NEVER charge for bags.

It only turns into a problem when nobody follows your position on ancillary revenue. SWA made a gamble to NEVER charge for baggage, and now they must not only honor that pledge, but adapt to a business model that supports high fuel, and low yielding domestic markets.

I'm willing to bet there are some executives sitting around wishing they could fill the 2% operating gap with some of that money that was left on the table.

Overblown? Maybe for some rich Navy P3 NFO. As an officer of Marines I find it disgusting. - and I'm willing to be I'm not alone.

Agreed-I find it disgusting as a failure of leadership of those in the soldiers chain of command. EVERY soldier, sailor, airman and marine is or should be briefed about travel policies contained in their orders to include baggage allowances and reimbursable expenses. I'd love to see their visit with the sgt major. "So Pvt, did you or did you not know about the travel policy and how to go about claiming travel expenses?". "Well sgt major, I knew about it, but just figured it didn't apply to me."

One thing that I can guarantee you that I see when I walk past the Delta ticket counter almost EVERYDAY.

Someone with their bag on the floor trying to reduce the DL bag fee. Funniest thing I've seen.

Speaking of Delta bags and fees, appearantly the word is out with the DL customers....get your oversize bag through the TSA screening, then at the gate the DL rep will be looking to gate check it for....wait for it.........FREE! Completely getting around the DL policy, and they know it. I see it all the time. Funny stuff.

RF

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back