• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Spanks Servicemen!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm willing to take pay cuts so management bonuses won't be affected by any loss of revenue from some of the bag fees. Who's with me?!?

Wow. The lead story on the NBC evening news.

Clip of the young wife saying "we're on a budget and can't afford this," with the little daughter walking around.

Soldier looking into his camera saying "Good business plan, Delta."

What a PR disaster. As is often said, the MBAs running the airlines know the cost of everything and the value of nothing.

Last edited:
Wow. The lead story on the NBC evening news.

Clip of the young wife saying "we're on a budget and can't afford this," with the little daughter walking around.

Soldier looking into his camera saying "Good business plan, Delta."

What a PR disaster. As is often said, the MBAs running the airlines know the cost of everything and the value of nothing.

Jim the Navy guy said there is a procedure for this, to get reimbursed. What a PR disaster? How about the Southwest Tuna Can opening event? Now that is a dangerous PR disaster. And the policy has already been changed. But, just like the tuna can event, you and I can continue to bring this up, but yours was dangerous. Enjoy it.

Bye Bye---General Lee

One thing that I can guarantee you that I see when I walk past the Delta ticket counter almost EVERYDAY.

Someone with their bag on the floor trying to reduce the DL bag fee. Funniest thing I've seen.

Speaking of Delta bags and fees, appearantly the word is out with the DL customers....get your oversize bag through the TSA screening, then at the gate the DL rep will be looking to gate check it for....wait for it.........FREE! Completely getting around the DL policy, and they know it. I see it all the time. Funny stuff.

RF

You really walk past DL ticket counters a lot? For fun? The hotel van doesn't take you to a specifc door closest to the TSA? Really?

And Delta makes a lot of money with these fees, but SWA adds the fees to the fares. They are hidden, because they need to start paying off the merger costs, and pay the Airtran people SWA wages. Didn't you read the article stating SWA wasn't really a LCC anymore? Sure you did. Fares at Southwest are often higher than the legacies. SHAMEFUL...... And your commercials are so stupid. Just dumb. Not Funny Stuff.

Bye Bye---General Lee

You really walk past DL ticket counters a lot? For fun? The hotel van doesn't take you to a specifc door closest to the TSA? Really?

And Delta makes a lot of money with these fees, but SWA adds the fees to the fares. They are hidden, because they need to start paying off the merger costs, and pay the Airtran people SWA wages. Didn't you read the article stating SWA wasn't really a LCC anymore? Sure you did. Fares at Southwest are often higher than the legacies. SHAMEFUL...... And your commercials are so stupid. Just dumb. Not Funny Stuff.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Yea....you make money...200 dollars a pop to our service members. Unfreakingbelievable. That is a PR nightmare. No question.

What great Deltoid spin. Haha...

I said they already changed the policy.

And did you not have a PR disaster with the tuna can deal? Sure you did, Leno and every other comedian slammed you for weeks. Not true?

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Wait, I stand corrected...it was over 3000 dollars for the group of men that defend this country.

I'm glad Delta can make money off the backs of our heros.

Last edited:
This is overblown. The servicemen will be rembursed when they file their travel claims. Servicemen typically pay out of their pockets for misc. items when traveling and are rembursed later. So in the long run, Delta wasn't charging the Soldiers, they were charging the government. The government collects enough taxes from the airlines and airline tickets that I have no problem with the government paying for the cost of the service they are purchasing.

Reminds me of a thread I once read about a huge high school sports complex. Most people thought it was a waste of taxpayer dollars. One guy stepped in to remind everyone that the complex was paid for through bonds, not taxpayer dollars. Not the brightest bulb.

So, yeah, let's stick the cost to the government. At least it isn't costing us!:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back