Delta-Skyway announcement imminent.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
9rj9 said:
we have two pay rates 70 seat and 50 seat or less. The dojets would be the same as the current 50 seat rate. Its in the contract.
Actually that is incorrect. The contract specifically states rates for the CRJ 70 and then for the CRJ 50/44/40. The 50/44/40 rate is not applicable to any other manufacturer's aircraft nor to any other number of seats (nor is the CRJ 70 rate applicable to any other aircraft or number of seats). It is only applicable to the CRJ 50/44/40. Any other size a/c or different manufacturer would require a newly negotiated rate (could be the same as the 50/44/40 rate, but would have to be negotiated first). This is clearly spelled out in the contract; reference Sects. 3A and 3B.

So IF Comair were to receive the DoJets, a rate would have to be negotiated. However, it's one of those moot points as Skyway will be getting the DoJets...later or sooner.

;)

zeroline said:
Its not a rumor. The Chief Pilot said the Delta deal wont go down until Janurary. He also said that we will hold off on hiring until october. This was all said on the company message board.
Do you know if that means the remaining Dojets will be parked until the deal goes through or is Delta going to try and work something out for ACA to fly them until then? From what I have heard as for ACA the Dojet is done for them on Nov 2nd or 3rd......just curious as to what you have heard.

328's

Does anyone know if preferential hiring will occur for the furlughed ACA folks? PSA had a program like that the last round of furloughs ACA had. And does anyone care to comment on upgrade opportunities when this deal does go down? What will the requirements be?

DoJetMX said:
Do you know if that means the remaining Dojets will be parked until the deal goes through or is Delta going to try and work something out for ACA to fly them until then? From what I have heard as for ACA the Dojet is done for them on Nov 2nd or 3rd......just curious as to what you have heard.
This could get interesting. I think if/when DAL declares CH 11 will be before Nov 1. But if they hold out longer and delay the Skyway transfer, ACA gets stuck with the Dojets. No more Dojet burden to DAL no more Skyway contract. DAL will just go for more CRJ. Who Knows.........

DoJetMX said:
Unkown right now I found out friday afternoon. As far as turnover of the A/C I would say that they will progress as set forth just to give Skyway Mx a chance to look them over and start doing Heavy-checks on them, but heck I'm usally wrong anyway. I know parking came up at a meeting with the Chief pilot but I won't talk about that.

Spacecowboy again I'm not sure about that but I would send in a resume asap,we do have several furloughed DAL pilots on property and they were not required to give up there senoirity numbers or recall rights at DAL.

Take care
Jobear

I heard they were considering parking all the Dorkjets on the ramp in MCO a few days ago then were advised not to because they didn't think the insurance company would beleive it was just a coincidence that a hurricane was on it's way.

AFELLOWAVIATOR said:
I heard they were considering parking all the Dorkjets on the ramp in MCO a few days ago then were advised not to because they didn't think the insurance company would beleive it was just a coincidence that a hurricane was on it's way.
That is pretty funny

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back