• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Shuttle to be flown by Republic/Chautauqua/Shuttle America with "RJ's"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It could have been sought after in 2000 just as easy as it could have been sought after in 2002. You never know what could have happened because it was never sought.

I'm shopping for new cars right now....Do you think I can get a better deal today or could I have gotten a better deal a year ago on a new car....

You still think 2002 was as good a negotiating environment as 2000 was...

I am 700 from the bottom and sit at about 68% on the 757/767 in EWR. I'll have a Guiness for you in Dublin on Thursday.
Good for you! After the Guiness, try a Murphy's for me. Great trip. If I ever see you, I'll buy.:beer:

...as does UAL, AAA, AMR, and DAL....doesn't equate to job security....

I still wouldn't trade places with you....I'm glad your happy....How long have you been at CAL now?

You're right, I'll take it one step further and say there is no such thing as a 100% secure flying job. But, since I directly control the code I fly under I'd say mine is more secure.

Been at CAL 2 1/2 years now and it isn't Shangri-la, but it is better than ASA, for me at least. Great airplanes, great routes, $hitty contract. Contracts are negotiable so hopefully I'll have 3 out of 3 soon.

Good for you! After the Guiness, try a Murphy's for me. Great trip. If I ever see you, I'll buy.:beer:

You don't have to twist my arm. You guys still at the Hilton down by the old prison? I think we drove by it on the Hop-on Hop-off tour.

Re: Delta Shuttle to be flown by Republic/Chautauqua/Shuttle America with "RJ's"

Mainline to be completely phased out from January 5th to March 28th.

Well, there goes even more flying and not just off the property but completely out of the union, engineered by ALPA. Tell me again how that scope is working for junior mainline guys.

Do you think the DMEC will make as big a stink about this as they did when Comair was doing the shuttle? ie "They simply don't meet the standards of our product."

acarpe just got spanked again on the regional forum for "Comair Is Going Bye-Bye." As it turns out, I guess he was actually talking about the Delta Shuttle.

Last edited:
Well, there goes even more flying and not just off the property but completely out of the union, engineered by ALPA. Tell me again how that scope is working for junior mainline guys.

Do you think the DMEC will make as big a stink about this as they did when Comair was doing the shuttle? ie "They simply don't meet the standards of our product."

acarpe just got spanked again on the regional forum for "Comair Is Going Bye-Bye." As it turns out, I guess he was actually talking about the Delta Shuttle.
:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

Re: Delta Shuttle to be flown by Republic/Chautauqua/Shuttle America with "RJ's"

DALPA needs to put a stop to this!

The DMEC, doing business as ALPA, is responsible for it!

Before the last big RFP, the DMEC tweaked their scope clause to allow larger, and until then, unpermitted aircraft [at Shuttle America, Republic and Skywest's CL-900s at the time] to fly Delta code.

The number of competitors for Delta flying went up. More RFP bids came in.

At least when Comair was flying the shuttle, (which, by the way, the Delta MEC protested in court) the money stayed on the property and the flying was done by ALPA pilots at Delta Inc.

The karma here is rich but is this the type of behavior one would expect from a labor union?

Latest resources

Back