• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Shoves ASA Aside

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If our pilot group keeps up this pissing and moaning and doesn't take action out on the line, we won't have any "defined routes" even if we are released someday! We have enormous leverage right now, but it looks like that will soon change!!!

I keep hearing about open time pick ups, vacation dropping, broken airplanes leaving out stations, etc, etc, etc.

I just hope I'm outta here before this ship sinks! ...p_ssies!!!!!!!

ENORMOUS LEVERAGE!

You have no leverage right now! Delta is getting as many DCI carriers in the hub so no single carrier can effect operations that much!

No, I'll tell you what is weak. All these whiney a$$ crybabies around here that want all these changes around here and just want, want, want,when there just looking to bolt from here as soon as they can!
If your looking to move on asap, than just do your time and quit whining about every dam thing!

This coming from a man/woman who will soon vote for a paycut so that he can get more/bigger airframes at his airline!

My main question in all of this is why are all of our ground support personnel (many of who really do work hard) put out to pasture while the executives (namely BL) who allowed the ramp situation to get as bad as it is, are allowed to keep their jobs?

Run-on sentence aside, this is like firing the guy who was steering the Titanic when it hit the iceberg and promoting the Captain. When will the people who are truly responsible for the disaster that is ATL ASA operations be held accountable????

My main question in all of this is why are all of our ground support personnel (many of who really do work hard) put out to pasture while the executives (namely BL) who allowed the ramp situation to get as bad as it is, are allowed to keep their jobs?

Run-on sentence aside, this is like firing the guy who was steering the Titanic when it hit the iceberg and promoting the Captain. When will the people who are truly responsible for the disaster that is ATL ASA operations be held accountable????

Well, I'll tell ya. I think the ramp in ATL fell into thirds. One third carried the place, one third held their own, and one third is a boat anchor. Problem is, you can't sack one third with out a racial segregation lawsuit that will cost you a billion $ to defend. No lawsuits when you sack all of them. Delta will hire the cream, the rest will need to brush up on "Nessst guuuest in Liiiine" for a coveted spot at Wendy's.

In the end, you can put a check mark in the union column for those that debate the merits of having one.

yeah, but isn't there something about ASA having to do 80% of the flying for Delta out of ATL? Or is that bunk? My buddy told me this, so I dunno.

That's the problem. We do our jobs well. People know we fly the CRJ for cheap and understaffed. I personally wouldn't mind if we flew for DAL, but not at the expense of ASA pilots. Freedom/Mesa pilots I could care less, but not ASA. I know it's the nature of the beast, but if my friends lose hours/jobs because of this, I'm not sure i could do this job anymore.

Some people just don't get it. You can't bash a pilot group for something they have absolutely no control over. Every pilot at every airline wants growth and career progression and better pay. No pilot group out there has the power to decided whether they take someone elses flying or not. That's business. The only thing we can do as pilots is to start unifying our goals across company lines so when negotiation time comes we can start getting back everything that has been lost and take away a competitive advantage that managements keep using against us. It's sad to see pilots bashing each other on here for $hit they have no control over.

Some people just don't get it. You can't bash a pilot group for something they have absolutely no control over. Every pilot at every airline wants growth and career progression and better pay. No pilot group out there has the power to decided whether they take someone elses flying or not. That's business. The only thing we can do as pilots is to start unifying our goals across company lines so when negotiation time comes we can start getting back everything that has been lost and take away a competitive advantage that managements keep using against us. It's sad to see pilots bashing each other on here for $hit they have no control over.

exactly. You know, when some of your closest friends are pilots though, it starts to get a little personal. Not that I have any control over it, but it still is a little bit personal. And it's the pilot bashing that keeps us from being unified. I mean, don't even get me started on Mesa/Freedom/GoJet who are deliberately destroying our industry. But when CMR bashes ASA and vice versa, and Mesaba bashes Pinnacle and vice versa, it gets us nowhere. Basically I'm just putting it out there that I don't like the idea of taking ASA's flying. And I'm rooting for you kids in Atlanta.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back