• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Shoves ASA Aside

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We will see XJT, Comair, Freedom, Shuttle America, Skywest, ASA, and Pinnacle in ATL.

I highly doubt Pinnacle will be there. There's a lot of talk about us getting Delta flying, but we cannot staff the airplanes we have now. I cannot imagine Delta wanting to climb on board our sinking ship.

Besides, I have friends that work for ASA. I do not want to be that guy that takes their flying away

If our pilot group keeps up this pissing and moaning and doesn't take action out on the line, we won't have any "defined routes" even if we are released someday! We have enormous leverage right now, but it looks like that will soon change!!!

I keep hearing about open time pick ups, vacation dropping, broken airplanes leaving out stations, etc, etc, etc.

I just hope I'm outta here before this ship sinks! ...p_ssies!!!!!!!

They aren't your routes anyway. Your airplanes say "Delta Connection"

I highly doubt Pinnacle will be there. There's a lot of talk about us getting Delta flying, but we cannot staff the airplanes we have now. I cannot imagine Delta wanting to climb on board our sinking ship.

Besides, I have friends that work for ASA. I do not want to be that guy that takes their flying away

You may be right but Delta just ordered a bunch of -900s. Your staffing may be low now, but there's always pilots to be found. They'd only need about 150 pilots to staff 30 airplanes. That's just 3 months of hiring. If ASA can still fill classes, surely Pinnacle can.

I don't see your ship sinking. Pinnacle is one of the last untapped resources in the commuter world because you don't already fly for multiple partners. Pinnacle wants to and needs to diversify, because NWA is the sinking ship.

As for not wanting to "be that guy" unfortunately, pilots aren't given the choice of where airplanes will go and who will fly them.

Forgot about CHQ in ATL. Also the great idea to move DL agents to ASA for gate and ramp.

Shuttle America, a subsidiary of Republic, and sister company to Chautauqua already operates in ATL.

You may be right but Delta just ordered a bunch of -900s. Your staffing may be low now, but there's always pilots to be found. They'd only need about 150 pilots to staff 30 airplanes. That's just 3 months of hiring. If ASA can still fill classes, surely Pinnacle can.

I don't see your ship sinking. Pinnacle is one of the last untapped resources in the commuter world because you don't already fly for multiple partners. Pinnacle wants to and needs to diversify, because NWA is the sinking ship.

As for not wanting to "be that guy" unfortunately, pilots aren't given the choice of where airplanes will go and who will fly them.

yeah, but isn't there something about ASA having to do 80% of the flying for Delta out of ATL? Or is that bunk? My buddy told me this, so I dunno.

That's the problem. We do our jobs well. People know we fly the CRJ for cheap and understaffed. I personally wouldn't mind if we flew for DAL, but not at the expense of ASA pilots. Freedom/Mesa pilots I could care less, but not ASA. I know it's the nature of the beast, but if my friends lose hours/jobs because of this, I'm not sure i could do this job anymore.

Shuttle America, a subsidiary of Republic, and sister company to Chautauqua already operates in ATL.

Actually, the E-145's with RP tail #s that park at Delta's A&B gates are CHQ. They have been for almost a year now.

yeah, but isn't there something about ASA having to do 80% of the flying for Delta out of ATL? Or is that bunk? My buddy told me this, so I dunno.

True that's currently part of the DCI agreement, but according to management, this move will trigger a "complete renegotiation" of the contract because it basically nukes the pay system ASA currently enjoys.

That's the problem. We do our jobs well. People know we fly the CRJ for cheap and understaffed. I personally wouldn't mind if we flew for DAL, but not at the expense of ASA pilots. Freedom/Mesa pilots I could care less, but not ASA. I know it's the nature of the beast, but if my friends lose hours/jobs because of this, I'm not sure i could do this job anymore.

That's very admirable that you would quit your job rather than fly routes formerly flown by ASA, but it's not very smart. We've all had to do it, it's just part of life at a commuter nowadays. Nobody "owns" any routes or flying, we're all just whores.

Actually, the E-145's with RP tail #s that park at Delta's A&B gates are CHQ. They have been for almost a year now.

That's interesting. Who uses the "Brickyard" call sign? CHQ or SA?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back