• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta rumor?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Taking it over from who. CAL owns and leases those gates to US Airways.

The original tenant was intended to be Eastern Airlines, but when Eastern was forcibly bankrupt in an effort by parent Texas Air Corporation to merge its assets with that of sister airline Continental Airlines, Continental assumed the leases. Continental never moved in, as it sold its leases and most of its LaGuardia slots to US Airways as part of Continental's bankruptcy restructuring.

ACL???

What happened? Was the news that was to be released on the 15th ever released?

If not, why the delay? I realized we are sitting on the 17th with only the word that 215 are leaving. That, I believe was their target #.

Imagine (game theory really) how many more would have gone with better medical bennies. Management slot controlled this one perfectly.

And ALPA says we don't need professional negotiators....rrriiiigggggght.

Whole other subject, but are you guys wondering yet how ALL of our votes on issues fall almost perfectly down the 60/40 line on substandard contracts? We need a shark next time. This shark.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/10/business/media/10emanuel.html

Must go. It is Dungeness crab season finally.

Edward T.

Have heard in a couple places that 300 was company desire. 215 will help offset the 747-200's leaving and with bid period 5 workrules kicking in soon, I would think furlough chances are slim thru next summer.

Yep.

There will be news coming out in the next few weeks. Keep your panties on.

Can they at least be in a twist.. or maybe even a wad?

FWIW- A "new" 757-200 "ER" is coming... ship 6818. It was one of the TWA birds originally identified, but someone else bought it. That operation fell through and it was returned to the lessor (however you spell that). It is having to go through an HMV and will be on the line within a month or 2.

If that floats your boat, you can have them in a wad. Not sure what you wife will think when she walks in on that though.

Screw the 190's and all of that...that just complicates things and makes everything sound far fetched although I do think Republic is up to something and we haven't seen the last of their surprises.

I'll keep my guess simple: That either Compass (as is) or Compass with additional Shuttle America -175's join the ranks as DAL pilots.

It's inevitable that they will be eventually furloughing some of us in the next 24 months. There is no other way around the mess that will occur with all of the flow up/flow down's.

Management might as well bite the bullet now. I don't see much use for Compass as a whipsaw anyway.

Compass was always basically a forced way to get mainline pilots to fly a mainline replacement aircraft for regional rates. They got what they wanted either way.

Any connection between this rumor and the fact that Lee Moak was in the CPZ MSP Crewroom today?

Well the MEC meeting was extended one day, so we shall see what the reason was.

There is a ton going on, and none of it really matters until it is official.

All I have to say is I sure hope that 70 seat first officer pay goes up if i ever want to go to delta WTF over? I would love to make it to delta but who could afford too, other than the guys still living at their parents house, whose parents paid a 100k for their 4 years at riddle or N Dakota, and are attitude cases at regional airlines! good luck being flight instructors to you captains at Delta. Welcome to my world.....airspeed.....airspeed.....glideslope.....glideslope.....altitude.....altitude.... my aircraft......are some of the things I say on most of my trips.....good luck with that staple.

Latest resources

Back