• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta rumor?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So is this LGA announcement the much anticipated rumor that we've been waiting for?

And, not to sound like a narcisistic pilot, but what does this LGA announcment mean for me as a Delta pilot? Are we going to get this new flying or will it being going to our Regional friends?

So is this LGA announcement the much anticipated rumor that we've been waiting for?

And, not to sound like a narcisistic pilot, but what does this LGA announcment mean for me as a Delta pilot? Are we going to get this new flying or will it being going to our Regional friends?

I would guess the bulk of the routes will be flown by regionals.

I would guess the bulk of the routes will be flown by regionals.

I think a lot of the routes we are getting are currently flown by Piedmont Dash-8s and Colgan Saabs from LGA. Delta will be adding larger planes in the form of CRJs and maybe E175s. The mainline growth could be larger planes flying from LGA to MCO, FLL, PBI, etc---since we would now have more "feed" from those new RJ routes. We may throw a DC9 or something like that at some Midwest cities that we add, but I would think the current MD88s or A319s going to FLA from LGA may get a larger mainline plane replacement. Also, if we take away some 76 seaters or even 50 seaters from ATL to fly these new routes, I think some DC9s may come into ATL and fight Airtran 717s on some routes. I think that was the plan.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back