• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta rumor?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well ol Dougy just got done saying they we're not going to reduce anymore capacity over at Airways. Of course the devil is always in the details, I'd have to re-read it. Maybe it was that they were not going to reduce for the rest of 2009 or maybe the delivery of new A-330's balances it out.

190's though? That's a curveball. Do we really need them? I suppose if it's a sweet deal then why not.

It does fall into the current clues:

1. Would not effect senior guys mulling over bowing out early

2. Could possibly lead to hiring in the next 18 months (though I think we'd all agree that is not likely).

3. Would help junior guys sleep a little better at night.

The LGA terminal makes since though I have no idea if it's possible.

Airways probably only uses a 1/3 of their current gates anyway...the rest lead to stairs which lead to the ramp to board one of their many commuter flights. I would think our current terminal would accomidate them just fine...espeacially with Comair row and all.

But the clues haven't really mentioned much about facilities, more so something to do airplanes & pilots.

Interestingly enough they all seem to center around Airways though.

Will not be surprised to see the 15th come and go though. I'm gonna have to try and pick up a trip that day to keep myself away from the computer.

I for one doubt the US Air rumors any further than a possible gate swap if US Air could not pay the rent.

Just consider, if US Air can't make money with cheap labor, how could Delta?

How much money losing business does Delta want to acquire? I think they have their hands full already.

I will make two guesses.
1. What fly4hire said.
or
2. What Ed said with the exception of the 190/195s will go to compass with a further relaxation of our scope and a sales job by dalpa on how they got a unlimited flow down "guaranteed" and the nwa call in honest program.

I'd say the 190s would to Midwest to counter AAI. NWA figured that an AAI hub in MKE would cost them billions in lost revenue. Why else would BB only take 2 unless more were coming?

I cannot see us buying jets directly from LCC. There would be to many opportunities there for issues.

IF there is something in the winds, it will surely be something no one on this board has contemplated.

I floated the Idea of hiring a whole bunch of Chek strippers as replacements for the FA's. Do wonders for pilot morale and the pax would love it

I'd say the 190s would to Midwest to counter AAI. NWA figured that an AAI hub in MKE would cost them billions in lost revenue. Why else would BB only take 2 unless more were coming?

Good point! Where's the rest of these 190 orders? They've already said the 717 is on it's way out but have not announced how these replacement aircraft are coming in.

I don't see how this is in anyway good news for us though unless somehow these 190's are being bought by Republic/Shuttle America/etc,etc. and then we are buying the 175's off of Shuttle.

The Shuttle America 175's (newly modified right?) would join the Compass lot and then all of them are would be stapled to DAL.

Sounding very complicated. But in this decade we've seen a lot of crazy sh*t go down and anything is possible.

It's not the first time I've heard of Republic being interested in buying/operating LCC's 190's....hell they bought all of their 170's once upon a time.

A lot of things line up.

Last edited:
IF there is something in the winds, it will surely be something no one on this board has contemplated.
Yeah, something crazy, like this:
SYDNEY, July 13 (Reuters) - Australian airline Virgin Blue Holdings (VBA.AX) called a halt to trade in its shares on Monday, pending an announcement. It gave no more details.

The Sydney Morning Herald said in an unsourced report on Monday that Virgin was poised to raise up to A$400 million ($312 million) to bolster its balance sheet and cement its recently struck partnership with Delta Air Lines (DAL.N). [ID:nSYU006818] (Reporting by Mark Bendeich) ($1=1.284 Australian Dollar)
We have heard from ALPA some sort of new code share deal was negotiated and is in the works.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back