• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta rumor?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Welcome to my world.....airspeed.....airspeed.....glideslope.....glideslope.....altitude.....altitude.... my aircraft......are some of the things I say on most of my trips.....good luck with that staple.

Remind me to avoid flying in your world.

It might be time to improve the screening process at your company if "my aircraft" is something you say as a captain on a regular basis other than taking the tiller on landing roll-out.

It is probably something his copilots say to him on final instead of vice versa.... I'd be scared to be a captain at Delta as well having him as their copilot...

It might be time to improve the screening process at your company if "my aircraft" is something you say as a captain on a regular basis other than taking the tiller on landing roll-out.

Despite all the low time and less than stellar guys I flew with at 9E, not once did I have to take the airplane from anyone.

The VP of Ops has come out and stated that furloughs are not imminent or planned. If he goes back on words of that strength, he will have a lot of questions to answer.

Now I agree that if the economy gets worse, we will probably see some next fall. The opted not to furlough a few weeks ago. The did this with the knowledge that we have a overstaffed by a large margin.

What a few months and see how fat we are.....

Furlough is all but guaranteed.

Retard.

Less than 100 fat next summer even with another 5% draw down. It is not worth furlough for 90 bodies...not when you factor in all of the snap backs. It just costs to much to do so.

Actually, it does not happen much. For the most part we have a great pilot group with a couple bad apples. OUr training program is top notch and even with the amount of pilots we hired in such a short time, those who ran our hiring program did an excellent job. But I would be willing to bet being at a regional as a captain when there is such growth makes one deal with problems no mainline captain has had to deal with since the 60's when they were hiring low time pilots.

Actually, it does not happen much. For the most part we have a great pilot group with a couple bad apples. OUr training program is top notch and even with the amount of pilots we hired in such a short time, those who ran our hiring program did an excellent job. But I would be willing to bet being at a regional as a captain when there is such growth makes one deal with problems no mainline captain has had to deal with since the 60's when they were hiring low time pilots.

I will agree with that. Being a LCA at a regional during heavy hiring is more trying that being a line CA. Not a lot of fun.

Latest resources

Back