• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta rumor?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good point! Where's the rest of these 190 orders? They've already said the 717 is on it's way out but have not announced how these replacement aircraft are coming in.

I don't see how this is in anyway good news for us though unless somehow these 190's are being bought by Republic/Shuttle America/etc,etc. and then we are buying the 175's off of Shuttle.

The Shuttle America 175's (newly modified right?) would join the Compass lot and then all of them are would be stapled to DAL.

Sounding very complicated. But in this decade we've seen a lot of crazy sh*t go down and anything is possible.

It's not the first time I've heard of Republic being interested in buying/operating LCC's 190's....hell they bought all of their 170's once upon a time.

A lot of things line up.

Some of that makes sense. It would be a good way to avoid a grievance over the mods.

Well ol Dougy just got done saying they we're not going to reduce anymore capacity over at Airways. Of course the devil is always in the details,r.

He said not reduce domestic capacity.

My guess for the 15th is N side gets over 200 prips and has to award positions instead of displace and DALPA is suddenly interested in an early AE;)

Screw the 190's and all of that...that just complicates things and makes everything sound far fetched although I do think Republic is up to something and we haven't seen the last of their surprises.

I'll keep my guess simple: That either Compass (as is) or Compass with additional Shuttle America -175's join the ranks as DAL pilots.

It's inevitable that they will be eventually furloughing some of us in the next 24 months. There is no other way around the mess that will occur with all of the flow up/flow down's.

Management might as well bite the bullet now. I don't see much use for Compass as a whipsaw anyway.

Compass was always basically a forced way to get mainline pilots to fly a mainline replacement aircraft for regional rates. They got what they wanted either way.

Last edited:
I hear that Delta is going to start an airline within the airline. They will find the gayest paint schemes possible and give it an even gayer name. They are going to call it Song, and there is no chance it will miss!

I hear that Delta is going to start an airline within the airline. They will find the gayest paint schemes possible and give it an even gayer name. They are going to call it Song, and there is no chance it will miss!

Since they're going gay, maybe they could name it tanker clown/crj567!
Isn't it time for the colonel's afternoon coffee?

Ok I'm going to be an A$$hole again and state what a bunch of B&#$TT Delta is pulling with these continued capacity cuts. All this airline does is cut more capacity and put more people on the street and cover their frontline impact with quirky statements like: "While the challenges of the current environment preclude us from making guarantees, our goal remains to avoid any involuntary furloughs of front line employees."
And justifying their reductions with malarkey like : "On top of this, cost pressures from rising jet fuel prices up more than 20% since the start of the year — coupled with softer travel demand due to the spread of the H1N1 virus, have created a difficult business environment," the executives said in their memo to employees.

Have these people even been to a terminal and seen the hideous amount of overbooking and slammed terminals that signify air travel demand is still respectably high. With fuel prices down significantly from last year and the already in place reductions they still stand to generate a PROFIT in 2009 and 2010. The H1N1 nonsense is was 3 months ago and most areas of the world impacted by it have returned to regular service. This merger has benefited No One except the MGMNT team and their balance sheet. Unbelievable. Either I am completely oblivious to to severity of our industry's condition or there are an unspeakable number of corporate jacka$$es that can't see any further than the coffee room from their $25,000 office chair. What justifies all of this reduction week after week. I think Delta has reduced nearly 25% of it total capacity over the last year domestic and INTL. Just enrages me....

Not including the LAX domestic to international displacement/AE, there will be less than 100 surplus in this next bid. What does that mean... NO furloughs. That also includes an additional five percent draw down from next year's peak summer flying.

Latest resources

Back