Delta RFP on 10-20 widebodies maybe coming in next 2-3 years--article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Seriously....

Just put Flamebait Wave on your ignore list. He is a bitter RJ pilot who thinks he wears a cape fighting all the "injustice" in the industry.

I am beginning to think his 5 year old crybaby act makes him an RJ guy masquerading as a fine Leather jacket, flag tie wearing pillar of the industry.

Ignore him, I did years ago, but his whining requotes make me laugh. My personal fave was his showdown at the Hotel Bus Corral he was threatening like a punk little bully who's got nothing but a fat hole in his head spewing tough guy talk.

Last edited:
Nice. Anonymity has its benefits I guess.

I'm sure your children love the debt your little partisan fiscal pissing contests is leaving them as much as I do. You got YOUR taxes cut, and I'll have mine raised at some point. That'll be the end result- do you deny it. The math only works that way. You couldn't compromise and it'll be our problem. Thanks. Pay your own bills then you can lecture me.
The problem started with the 16th Amendment, the establishment of a Fiat currencty, the New Deal, the Johnson Administration, the non passage of the Balanced Budget Amendment. I could go on and on, but you blame a whole generation for the current problems? It was the "Greatest" generation that gave us the unwinable Vietnam war but I don't hold any animosity towards them. Put your big boy pants on you poosie and take care of yourself instead of blaming others for everything that has gone wrong in your life. You claim to despise outsourcing, yet when you got furloughed by a legacy carrier you took an outsourced job for the medical insurance. You are typical of a person who always blames somebody else for your problems.

Last edited:
In the late 90s the 50 seaters grew into limited 70 seaters, with some Bae146s allowed at ASA.(I believe 5 total). .

Bye Bye---General Lee

DALPA actually permitted 20 but ASA ended up operating only 5-6 of them, all 88 seaters w/ one that had 100 seats.

DALPA actually permitted 20 but ASA ended up operating only 5-6 of them, all 88 seaters w/ one that had 100 seats.

The forst 900's were allowed at AWA long before Delta. Also the Q400's were allowed at ALK as well. So Wavy Baby just seems to want to hate Delta pilots for being mean to him on the van.

DC9-10 seats in the Northwest config - 78 seats.

CRJ-900 number of seats in the Delta config - 76 seats.

Anyone else see the problem here?

Regional pilots are NOW doing mainline flying. PERIOD.

Any other arguement is just smoke and mirrors to justify the above facts.
Wow. Think there were maybe 8-10 of them DC-9-10's. Fun to fly by the way...

The problem started with the 16th Amendment, the establishment of a Fiat currencty, the New Deal, the Johnson Administration, the non passage of the Balanced Budget Amendment. I could go on and on, but you blame a whole generation for the current problems? It was the "Greatest" generation that gave us the unwinable Vietnam war but I don't hold any animosity towards them. Put your big boy pants on you poosie and take care of yourself instead of blaming others for everything that has gone wrong in your life. You claim to despise outsourcing, yet when you got furloughed by a legacy carrier you took an outsourced job for the medical insurance. You are typical of a person who always blames somebody else for your problems.
+1. Awesome post!:beer:

I guess in your world dalad, I have to love paying your generation's debts, while you've enjoyed tax breaks - or...I don't have big boy pants on. Sure buddy. But none of that is the point of the thread

And try not to think about how much better and stable our American economy has been since most of those "problems" were created.

Again, not the point of the thread-

The point I'm making and will always make is that your legacy career model is garbage-

Sorry you don't like it- but it's not you who fly in the disenfranchised outsourced system YOU CREATED. SO YOU'RE SELLOUTS. It is what it is- just know that I'll be here to remind you every time one of these widebody envy threads get started. Domestic pilots deserve to be major airline pilots too. Your company has a proud history beginning with crop dusters. Skywest and Asa fly much harder schedules to more challenging places- ie: all the large hubs, AND the non-radar mountainous spots- daily. They ought not be second class citizens who are forced to start their seniority over every time their company gets too expensive and another built up. These airplanes should be mainline airplanes, flown by mainline pilots, subjected to the standards of mainline interviews and training. And be careers where one can make money and have leverage
Do not ever complain about international alliances, or Alaska code shares, when you wholesale f^ck more than half of your domestic pilots off your seniority list.

Anybody confused about my position?

Probably not- so I'm done. Dalpa= the stupidest f^cking pilot group in the country- hands down

I guess in your world dalad, I have to love paying your generation's debts, while you've enjoyed tax breaks - or...I don't have big boy pants on. Sure buddy. But none of that is the point of the thread
YGTBFSM! YOUR GENERATION'S debts? Are you even paying attention to current events MORON? YOUR president is racking up debt at the tune of $3.5 BILLION per DAY! Thanks to dickheads like you my children and grand children will have to pay YOUR DEBTS! Don't let facts confuse a good argument over your sister and mom getting the better end of a couple of drunk DL pilots!
But luckily for you, the president, and how Hillary Clinton now support "gay marriage," so you got that going for ya!;)

And try not to think about how much better and stable our American economy has been since most of those "problems" were created.
You are so far out to lunch it's pathetic!

Again, not the point of the thread-
Yeah, we know. You got shot down at Delta and are pissed about it! You couldn't get hired anywhere, flew an rj, while hating the whole "outsourcing" thing, yet were hypocritical enough to take said "outsourced" job. Then when all was said and done, and still couldn't get hired anywhere, you resorted to the old "pay for training," at southwest. A carrier modeled on low pay/benefits, while making its employees buy their job! What a great role model you are for future generation pilots.

The point I'm making and will always make is that your legacy career model is garbage-
Yeah, why try to be a dominant world class airline, serving as many markets as possible world wide when you can cherry pick, and serve the 79 markets nationwide while giving the rest of the markets the middle finger! Your system is broke, and your airline has no idea what to do next.

Sorry you don't like it- but it's not you who fly in the disenfranchised outsourced system YOU CREATED. SO YOU'RE SELLOUTS. It is what it is- just know that I'll be here to remind you every time one of these widebody envy threads get started. Domestic pilots deserve to be major airline pilots too. Your company has a proud history beginning with crop dusters. Skywest and Asa fly much harder schedules to more challenging places- ie: all the large hubs, AND the non-radar mountainous spots- daily. They ought not be second class citizens who are forced to start their seniority over every time their company gets too expensive and another built up. These airplanes should be mainline airplanes, flown by mainline pilots, subjected to the standards of mainline interviews and training. And be careers where one can make money and have leverage
Do not ever complain about international alliances, or Alaska code shares, when you wholesale f^ck more than half of your domestic pilots off your seniority list.

Anybody confused about my position?

Probably not- so I'm done. Dalpa= the stupidest f^cking pilot group in the country- hands down
Your position, when you're not on your knees?
Sure, you're a sellout! So you accuse others of it. You flew an rj. Probably got fired from that job too, then when you flew that job that was outsourced, you couldn't get on anywhere after Delta telling you you were unqualified. So what do unqualified guys do? They buy their jobs!
Then when they think they have the world by the balls, (great for guys like you;)) and their airline can't grow, they buy the competition, treat them like garbage, and are now pissed because said acquired carrier didn't have to buy their jobs unlike the unqualified chump like you!
You're a coward waveflyer. You hide behind your keyboard, and let your fingers do your talking, while all the while you're trapped in your mom's basement while paying off your loan to pay for your job.
You give southwest pilots a bad name, and are nothing more than a *************************!
Next time I'm on the van and if you're on board, introduce yourself. I don't think so, you're too scared. But at 5'1" I expect nothing more but sissy talk! Back to your rock, troll!

Latest resources

Back