• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta RFP on 10-20 widebodies maybe coming in next 2-3 years--article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey general- did you or did you not fly for Comair?

No, no I did not. I have never really had a love for Comair. They were not nice to our furloughed pilots, and tried to take advantage of a bad situation. The ASA guys were very nice though, and a lot of them were hired in 2007.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Left seat pay on the 717 in 2015 (when they will all be on property) will be $195 an hour at the 12th year scale (top longevity), which is darn good for the smallest plane DL will have by then. That is a good thing.
Shoot, Gary Kelly offered to pay us $220/hr to fly the B717 on April 1, 2012. Why can a profitable Delta Airlines only pay you guys $195/hr to fly the B717 in 2015?

Ok Max....I'll bite.

How much is being put into your B fund? Hourly pay isn't everything.

Shoot, Gary Kelly offered to pay us $220/hr to fly the B717 on April 1, 2012. Why can a profitable Delta Airlines only pay you guys $195/hr to fly the B717 in 2015?

That's the smallest plane on the list in 2015, and add 13% DC without having to contribute a penny. Throw in actual retirements over the next decade, and a 717 Capt in 2015 will be a 737 Capt in 2017, a 767 Capt in 2019, and an A330 Capt in 2021. (2 year seat holds for bidding (AE) the seat) How about your future movement Max? You get to start off as a SWA FO soon, right? What type of retirement movement do you see at your new airline over the next 10 years? There are some years coming up for Delta (I think around 2020-2022) that there are close to 800 retirements in one year. 800!!! Think of 800 super senior guys leaving. How many upward bids would result? And those all include pay raises.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
General.....

You can't hold up a 10 year plan and expect it to be gospel. It's wishful thinking hoping we don't shrink or merge.

Remember the 4th floor saying the -88s would be gone by 2012? With the exception of the 73n category, that's the only growth.

No scoot, you don't have access to any of my nerves- but you guys might find out who I am the next time a delta guy in the van won't talk to anyone bc he's too cocky- how many times do you guys get to act like d-bags to the rest of the industry, when you've sold it out so many times?
Let's see, on this thread you have wished a whole generation dead. Do you have any family members that are boomers? What has the boomer gen done to poor little baby wavy? Why don't you start acting like a man and not such a little pooosie? I'll bet you sit on the toilet to tee-tee. Do you still show up at mommy's house for daily breastfeedings? Time to go sit in the corner now and get back to sucking your thumb angry baby boy.

FWIW I hold no animosity to any SWAPA guys or gals. I have drank beers with them on many layovers in SEA and at the short LAX layovers. Nothing but great guys and gals to talk to.

Wave, you have consistently demonstrated an animus towards Delta pilots that borders on obsession. Being cocky on a vanride. Are you serious? This is my third airline and in my opinion we have the most outgoing and friendly pilot group I've encountered (this has been true since the day I got hired.) Something must have happened to you in the past. Be true to yourself, this goes beyond your opinion on scope.
Yeah, his mom and sister were nailed by Delta pilots, hence the obsession!;)
I'm fairly certain SWA insurance plans would cover therapy.
Don't be so sure, SWA is just another Legacy carrier now, with reduced line values, stagnation, no hiring for the foreseeable future, labor relation problems, and oh yeah, now putting out memos that their cost structure is "too high."
The only difference is, we didn't have to buy our jobs to get hired, neither did the Air Tran pilots!:laugh:
But let wavegirl continue oh his:crying::crying:, he's just exposing himself for the ****************************** he is!

Let's see, on this thread you have wished a whole generation dead. Do you have any family members that are boomers? What has the boomer gen done to poor little baby wavy? Why don't you start acting like a man and not such a little pooosie? I'll bet you sit on the toilet to tee-tee. Do you still show up at mommy's house for daily breastfeedings? Time to go sit in the corner now and get back to sucking your thumb angry baby boy.

Nice. Anonymity has its benefits I guess.

I'm sure your children love the debt your little partisan fiscal pissing contests is leaving them as much as I do. You got YOUR taxes cut, and I'll have mine raised at some point. That'll be the end result- do you deny it. The math only works that way. You couldn't compromise and it'll be our problem. Thanks. Pay your own bills then you can lecture me.

Nice. Anonymity has its benefits I guess.
Sure does. Once a chicken ********************, always a chicken ********************!
Thanks for admitting to all of us what we already knew. You're a gutless troll!

I'm sure your children love the debt your little partisan fiscal pissing contests is leaving them as much as I do. You got YOUR taxes cut, and I'll have mine raised at some point. That'll be the end result- do you deny it. The math only works that way. You couldn't compromise and it'll be our problem. Thanks. Pay your own bills then you can lecture me.
Meanwhile you have left my children and grandchildren with a mound of debt that will NEVER be able to be recovered due to reckless spending of the worst president in history. Let's keep spending. Don't give a man a job, give him welfare. Not surprising, since you only know how to buy a job! Well done sport!;)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back