• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta Reports Q2 Loss

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It appears that most of this loss is blamed on the rising cost of fuel. I blame it on the lack of rising ticket prices/fuel surcharges.

WWEfan said:
It appears that most of this loss is blamed on the rising cost of fuel. I blame it on the lack of rising ticket prices/fuel surcharges.

Of the bigs that reported so far for Q2 DL's RASM was 9.58 vs. 9.22 & 9.52 for AA & CO respectively. AA & CO both saw greater increases in RASM yet are still lower than DL.

I'm not sure there was quite as much opportunity for DL to raise fares as at these other carriers. Plus, DL tends to have to fight low fare carriers in ATL and the FLA-NE corridor a bit more agressively than those two other airlines.

Still, it really bugs me to see other majors turn a Q2 profit vs. a significant loss for DL even if we are making some headway in terms of getting closer to profitability.

tuna pimp said:
Of the bigs that reported so far for Q2 DL's RASM was 9.58 vs. 9.22 & 9.52 for AA & CO respectively. AA & CO both saw greater increases in RASM yet are still lower than DL.

I'm not sure there was quite as much opportunity for DL to raise fares as at these other carriers. Plus, DL tends to have to fight low fare carriers in ATL and the FLA-NE corridor a bit more agressively than those two other airlines.

Still, it really bugs me to see other majors turn a Q2 profit vs. a significant loss for DL even if we are making some headway in terms of getting closer to profitability.

We have busted our @ss at this company the past 4 years since 9/11, we had
a corrupt CEO take us to the edge of bankcruptcy, we had union sell us a sh1t contract that was shoved down our throat, we had our pay cut from industry lagging rates (unlike DAL and UAL cuts from industry leading), we have as many pilots on furlough as some airlines have on their entire seniority list. AMR turned a profit due to the cuts and hard work of labor.
We have earned this, and tastes pretty good, sorry it bugs you.

AA

AAflyer said:
We have busted our @ss at this company the past 4 years since 9/11, we had
a corrupt CEO take us to the edge of bankcruptcy, we had union sell us a sh1t contract that was shoved down our throat, we had our pay cut from industry lagging rates (unlike DAL and UAL cuts from industry leading), we have as many pilots on furlough as some airlines have on their entire seniority list. AMR turned a profit due to the cuts and hard work of labor.
We have earned this, and tastes pretty good, sorry it bugs you.

AA

Sure, cause, it's all been martinis and cocktail parties over here at DL. I certainly don't begrudge the good folks over at AA a pat on the back over a solid quarterly showing but DL's had a ton of crap to deal with as well. We bust our butts also, and had to give up salary cuts, benefit cuts, hub closures, massive layoffs & furloughs, longer hours, more work, crappy management decisions etc as well.

So yeah, i would like to see DL kick out a few black quarters as well. Sorry that you can't understand that.

AAflyer--I don't think he was criticizing AA and CAL, he was bemoaning the fact that DL is pulling more revenue and still posting a big loss.TC

P.S.--APA held on to the A plan. That's a MAJOR victory for Navtive AA'ers. You want higher pay rates, go to a Defined Contribution plan like every LCC out there and your hourly pay rates will take a big jump. Pref bidding would be a major QOL improvement--for those still on the property. It would condemn the current furloughees to many more years on the street. APA put together the least painful POS contract they could with the info they had at the time. And, no I'm not an APA lover, I've just seen my share of concessionary contracts. Take care.

AA717driver said:
AAflyer--I don't think he was criticizing AA and CAL, he was bemoaning the fact that DL is pulling more revenue and still posting a big loss.TC

P.S.--APA held on to the A plan. That's a MAJOR victory for Navtive AA'ers. You want higher pay rates, go to a Defined Contribution plan like every LCC out there and your hourly pay rates will take a big jump. Pref bidding would be a major QOL improvement--for those still on the property. It would condemn the current furloughees to many more years on the street. APA put together the least painful POS contract they could with the info they had at the time. And, no I'm not an APA lover, I've just seen my share of concessionary contracts. Take care.

TC
I think I read his message wrong, and Tuna pimp I apoligize, it has been a long road.

As for the MAJOR victory, you know as well as I do it is not guranteed. AA can continue to pay lower wages and hold the A and B plan carrot in front of us, however with many years left to go I will count on that as much as SS.
The senior guys are protecting theirs, and will do it at the expense of anyone. Hope all is well, take care.

AA

Latest resources

Back