Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta reports $6.4 BILLION loss for 1st qtr.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
General....you can't polish a turd. You'd be posting your D&D playing fingers off if SWA lost a nickle in a quarter.

Maybe you guys should revive Song. Why not? You guys couldn't lose any more cash the way things are already.

Captain Dad, I am sick of your gloating. Re-read the article. The actual loss was $274 million, not BILLION. The rest was a one time charge that was a paper loss only. It is like saying your house you bought for $500,000 is now worth $300,000, and you are taking a right off. After the merger we will have over $7 BILLION in cash. Thanks for caring, and go back to NJA and enjoy yourself. Really.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Sure is a "right off" or a left off or perhaps a WRITE OFF...is that a fruedian slip. Or a reach around off. Whatever spin master.

Captain Dad, I am sick of your gloating. Re-read the article. The actual loss was $274 million, not BILLION. The rest was a one time charge that was a paper loss only. It is like saying your house you bought for $500,000 is now worth $300,000, and you are taking a right off. After the merger we will have over $7 BILLION in cash. Thanks for caring, and go back to NJA and enjoy yourself. Really.]

PAPER LOSS!!!!!!!!!

Now we have it! PROOF that the General is absolutely poop-house rat INSANE!

What a freaking moron! You had better get your head up out of the sand, you moron, things are only going to get uglier!

You will be lucky to hold a job pushing a wheelbarrow to LBB filled with rubber dog-poop before things are through!

-PAPER LOSS!!!!!

I wipe my butt with your analysis, General-PAPER LOSS!!!!!!

-I am laughing so hard, I think I just pooped a little...

Did Delta announce any capacity cuts today for later on in the year (like United did)? Or are they holding all the capacity cutting announcements until they get their merger approved.

well, with those numbers, the career expectations for Delta might mean an arbitrator staples them. Can't sustain those kind of losses and continue as a viable entity.

Captain Dad, I am sick of your gloating. Re-read the article. The actual loss was $274 million, not BILLION. The rest was a one time charge that was a paper loss only. It is like saying your house you bought for $500,000 is now worth $300,000, and you are taking a right off. After the merger we will have over $7 BILLION in cash. Thanks for caring, and go back to NJA and enjoy yourself. Really.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Sure is a "right off" or a left off or perhaps a WRITE OFF...is that a fruedian slip. Or a reach around off. Whatever spin master.

I was RIGHT with the meaning, just not the spelling. Even you can't refute that. And NO, I am not that way. If you need to ask a man out, please go look at some other board.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Did Delta announce any capacity cuts today for later on in the year (like United did)? Or are they holding all the capacity cutting announcements until they get their merger approved.

No, they announced earlier that they would park between 15-20 total planes, and we still will be getting 6 737-700s this year, along with 6 777LRs within 3 months (Dec 31st, 2008 and March 31st, 2009). Those planes that could be parked(mostly MD88s and a few 757s) are up for lease renewal anyway. They may still come back to us at a lower lease rate.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
well, with those numbers, the career expectations for Delta might mean an arbitrator staples them. Can't sustain those kind of losses and continue as a viable entity.

You mean a loss of $274 million in a quarter? NWA lost $191 million this last quarter too. How much did UAL lose? They both used an accounting rule to make a "write off" for the loss of value in the stock. But, you knew that already. From the above (AP)article:

Excluding special items, primarily a $6.1 billion non-cash charge relating to the decline in Delta's market value due to sustained record fuel prices, the airline lost $274 million, or 69 cents a share, in the first quarter.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Messed up...

I was RIGHT with the meaning, just not the spelling. Even you can't refute that. And NO, I am not that way. If you need to ask a man out, please go look at some other board.

Bye Bye--General Lee

You truly are one messed up little monkey, Gen! How the hell do you manage to get through the day without injuring yourself or others? (That we know of)

"I was RIGHT with the meaning" You now claim that your retard mistakes are something else, something new?

Perhaps inspirational musings framed in metal retardation rather than babblings of an unfortunate person who happened to fall headfirst out of his 767 and cracked his cranium on the hard tarmac.

I think General, I will now have to stop calling you a retard. It is clearly a disservice and insult to those mentally challenged among us who deserve much better than being compared to a walking lobotomy such as yourself!

JMONEY is on ignore because I don't want to read anything from a guy from Valdosta who loves Flint layovers at ASA.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back