Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta reports $6.4 BILLION loss for 1st qtr.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Tanker Clown, roll over and wake up the General -- we need his take on this.

6.1 billion is just an accounting trick to cry poor mouth to regulators.

"See how badly we need to merge?"!!!

The loss was 274 mill. The rest is smoke and mirror.

So, Delta WASN'T really worth that much when Parker was after them.

Parker was right!

They wear double-breasted coats to keep all that bull$h!t from bursting out! :laugh: TC

I have no personal interest in Delta, but people read the freakin release. The $274 million loss is the number you need to be interested in. The rest is a non cash charge. Another excerpt from the release:

Battered airline says high fuel costs and falling market share resulted in a $6.1 billion non-cash charge.

Excluding special items, primarily a $6.1 billion non-cash charge relating to the decline in Delta's market value due to sustained record fuel prices, the airline lost $274 million, or 69 cents a share, in the first quarter.

I have no personal interest in Delta, but people read the freakin release. The $274 million loss is the number you need to be interested in. The rest is a non cash charge. Another excerpt from the release:

Battered airline says high fuel costs and falling market share resulted in a $6.1 billion non-cash charge.

Excluding special items, primarily a $6.1 billion non-cash charge relating to the decline in Delta's market value due to sustained record fuel prices, the airline lost $274 million, or 69 cents a share, in the first quarter.

Yes the $274 Million is actually operating loss, but a 6.1 Billion write down of assets is NOT meaningless!

We know, we know. But it's just more fun to say BILLION, over and over again.

I personally took a 4.5 billion non-cash charge on my taxes too.

Yes the $274 Million is actually operating loss, but a 6.1 Billion write down of assets is NOT meaningless!
That is not a write down of assets, it's a write down of Market Cap. Also, an increase in Fuel costs in the billions with a loss of 250 million is what really counts.

Latest resources

Back