Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta reports $6.4 BILLION loss for 1st qtr.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Hi Steven:
I think its funny too!:laugh: I don't get too worked up over it. I'm sure we'll be reading about LCC going out of business before long, then we'll really get laughing!:laugh:
Question, did you ever get your job back at US Airways after getting fired?:laugh:
See, at least we can all laugh together!:laugh:
Are the AWA guys having the last laugh at you?:laugh:
I know I am!
Good bye Steven. Make sure and bring your stapler to work with you. After all that 2003 hire at AWA will be your captain in a few months!:laugh:

I thought I was on you "ignore list" idiot! I guess you and the General (oh, wait-you ARE the General! Oh, well, that cat's been out of the bag for a while) both had me on your ignore lists. Funny how you both keep responding when I piss you off!

BTW-The little laughing faces in your posts don't make you look any smarter. Between your sentence fragments and mis-spellings, we all can see that you are definitely not "smarter than a 5th grader."

I got an idea. GL has stated multiple times, the 4th and 1st quarters are slow. Pan Am obviously can't make money in the winter.

Why don't you Song guys just take off from Thanksgiving to say May 1st. You can't make money, so, why don't you just shut it down for 5 months of the year. You'd have a lot more money if you did. You'd have about $6.5 billion more than you do now.

Guys don't waste your time with General, all he can hear is that they only lost a couple million. He choses to ignore the BILLION part in one time write downs. He's too dumb to understand what this means, but to him it's not that bad. He only hears what DALPA is spewing.

I think its really funny how jmoney/tanker, the same person, posts right after himself!
Bet that's one for the shrink!
Tanker/jhomo.....You have a really cool web site!:laugh: :laugh:
BTW, did you ever find the horse that left you, ass?

Guys don't waste your time with General, all he can hear is that they only lost a couple million. He choses to ignore the BILLION part in one time write downs. He's too dumb to understand what this means, but to him it's not that bad. He only hears what DALPA is spewing.

Wait, we lost a couple MILLION? I thought we MADE $3 BILLION? Yeah, and we also got the rights to take over FRANCE, and then start local bus service from NICE to LYON? Anyway, I just copy and paste what the AP article states, and you accuse me of making stuff up. I am too dumb to understand what a write down means? Could there be a relation between why only Delta and NWA used this accounting practice of a HUGE write down when they are both doing the rounds in Congress trying to merge? I guess I can't see what that means??? Thanks for making me see that.

Bye Bye--General Lee

It amazes me how many guys/gals on this site who get enjoyment seeing other pilots/ professionals and their airlines struggle in this environment. I have been furloughed and through bk and I dont wish it on anyone. I personally wish that we all survive this mess. General/ 737pylt- why bother replying to the clowns on this board?

It amazes me how many guys/gals on this site who get enjoyment seeing other pilots/ professionals and their airlines struggle in this environment. I have been furloughed and through bk and I dont wish it on anyone. I personally wish that we all survive this mess. General/ 737pylt- why bother replying to the clowns on this board?

I think you are missing the point here. I do not believe anyone here wishes ill will towards Delta, I think everyone see's what I see and that General Pee is the first one to post every other airlines struggles, and Gloat about his precious Delta. I personally wish Delta all the best.

Well, I agree with you and it is a bit childish. However, when you consider that the General has over 10k posts on here either A. Telling everyone how great Delta is or B. Trying to be the first to post negative articles about other carriers, it is not unexpected to see a little backlash.

I don't wish bad things on Delta...just GL and 737 Pylt. Trust me, I don't have to wish bad thing on Delta....they just kinda take care of themselves.

At $6.4 BIL a quarter, maybe it's time to put DAL on a deathwatch.

I don't wish bad things on Delta...just GL and 737 Pylt. Trust me, I don't have to wish bad thing on Delta....they just kinda take care of themselves.

At $6.4 BIL a quarter, maybe it's time to put DAL on a deathwatch.

For the last time, we didn't lose 6.4 billion. Geez, we would not be flying right now if we lost that much.

Delta-Northwest–When Losing Money Helps

Posted by Stephen Grocer
When is a $10.5 billion loss good?
Well, Delta Air Lines and Northwest Airlines may have found “the silver linings in multi-billion dollar losses,” writes BusinessWeek’s Justin Bachman on the Traveler’s Check blog. The two airlines reported earnings Wednesday and that $10.5 billion number is the combined loss the pair reported.
Delta and Northwest, of course, need to gain regulatory approval for their merger, one that has already stirred opposition from politicians. (In fact, the two firms’ CEOs are on Capitol Hill defending the merger.) But here’s the thing, much of the red ink wasn’t from operating losses, Bachman points out. The airlines posted a first-quarter loss before special items that amounted to a combined $465 million and then wrote down $10 billion in goodwill to reflect their slumping share prices. But the average person won’t look beyond the $10.5 billion number, and “it is a persuasive amount, one that can help sway the average Joe or Jane who may not care to read into the finer print,” Bachman writes.

Latest resources

Back