Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta reports $6.4 BILLION loss for 1st qtr.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
yup! just as I am sure there are FO's at delta who have no desire to be captain for various reasons, there are lots of guys I have met at ASA, both CPT and FO that just enjoy flying.
I'm sure being a flight attendant you get to meet lots of nce crews.
Funny, You remind me of a 76-400 FO (former navy) I met while jumpseating to florida back in 2001. He asked much I made flying that old E-120 at ASA. I told him $19 an hour, and he looked at me and said " $19 an hour??
I'd say $19/hr is pretty good pay for flight attendants at asa.

with our new contract my raise was more than that" at first I thought, wow, what a dic_. but then i smiled, looked at the captain, who i knew, and who knew my status in regards to financial independence, then looked back at the FO and said, "wow that is impressive mr jumbo jet pilot, when you get airborne can you show me how all that fancy stuff works"
No, what you did was take a seat in the back, sparky! Its pretty easy to say you said one thing and did another on an anonomyous web board!

the captain( former air force), who is now retired, and I still laugh at that one. doesn't matter what you fly or whether you try to polish up that turd with a double breasted jacket, a turd is still a turd
Speaking of turds, have you shared this story with jmoney. He loves turds, just look at his profile!:D

BTW, my last trip we had 2 new hire flight attendants that were from ASA. When we resume f/a hiring, I think you should apply!

The write down was not an operating expense and that did not and will not factor into any economic discussion we have with the company. This is a paper loss and not a long term expense. Absent this write down, Delta lost $274 million last quarter.
How much did LCC lose this quarter, and compare them in size to Delta.

Only a retarded Delta fool could get excited about a $274 million loss.

What happened to all those lucrative international routes?

Talk about furlough fodder...you should look in the mirror.

When will the DAL/NWA furloughs start? By the end of Summer?

Only a retarded Delta fool could get excited about a $274 million loss.
Who's getting excited? BTW, speaking of excited, looking at some of the men you're sleeping with on your web site, have you been to the doctor?

What happened to all those lucrative international routes?
Still there, much like your babbling jibberish!

Talk about furlough fodder...you should look in the mirror.
I'll be just fine, thanks for your concern.

When will the DAL/NWA furloughs start? By the end of Summer?

Just as I suspected, I woke up sober, and you're still a horses ass!
I told you, I'm applying to the Air Force, as seeing as by your being there, there is obviously no standard!
I bet that website has your squadron buddies real proud of you!:laugh:

Bdfg1 said:
6.4 ba ba BILLION!!! :laugh:

Hi Steven:
Just for you (the educationally impared)

US Airways reports $236M first-quarter loss
US Airways Market cap= $657.77 million

DAL loss =$279 million.
DAL Market cap $2.05 Billion

Enjoy the NIC. I'll be looking for your future furlough, again!:laugh:

Last edited:
737 Pylt,

Looks like SWA is ramping up hiring. You look like you have the type. I'd apply now if I were you. You'll upgrade quicker and make more money second year than a Delta Captain.

I'd get an interview coach though. You don't want to show your true personality. You have a personality only Pan Am...er...Delta could love.

By the way, it looks like SWA thanks you for your domestic capacity cuts. You guys have any other blunders up your sleaves for the LCCs to pounce on?

Hey 737, I know you guys love your $6.4 Bil loss...but do you think your shareholders were like: "Sweet! $6.4 BILLION loss! Nice! That's what I'm talking about!"

Hey 737, I know you guys love your $6.4 Bil loss...but do you think your shareholders were like: "Sweet! $6.4 BILLION loss! Nice! That's what I'm talking about!"

I don't know, you see you're the only one here who seems to be whacking off about it!

Latest resources

Back