Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta receives approval to exceed pilot flight time limits.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If it were up to you, we might have one captain onboard, and 3 droids..... Yeah, they could handle it too. C3PO would ove to massage your back too..

Another stupid reply from the General. The guy is clueless and probably has never been in airplane for over six hours at one time. So General, what great authority has Delta/ALPA/FAA bestowed upon your "Relief Captain" that the two F/O's do not share? Nothing! Does this pilot sign any release that designates him different from the other two perfectly capable F/O's. Knowing your slant on the age 60 issues I would think the thought of having two old farts on the same aircraft would significantly increase the odds of an accident.

As one of "those guys," and also as one who quit DL at age 43 to pursue an alternative career, I side completely with Albie on this issue. The shrillness of your postings very definitely distracts from any core message you might be trying to press. While I was at DL, I overheard many in the ATL crew lounge who carried the same whiny tone you do when discussing issues. I was embarrassed for them then, just as I am embarrassed for you now.

In my estimation, you really might consider throttling back - just a bit - in order to maintain some credibility here.

Felix

Thanks for you opinion. I have many opinions, as you can see, and I don't mind typing them out. Albie has NO right to decide whether or not I am embarrassing, since he is not as almighty as he thinks, and that goes for you too. I don't mind being told I am wrong, but backing it up with some facts (articles, anything really that has merrit) would help. Good luck with your future endevors.

Bye Bye--General Lee

If it were up to you, we might have one captain onboard, and 3 droids..... Yeah, they could handle it too. C3PO would ove to massage your back too..

Another stupid reply from the General. The guy is clueless and probably has never been in airplane for over six hours at one time. So General, what great authority has Delta/ALPA/FAA bestowed upon your "Relief Captain" that the two F/O's do not share? Nothing! Does this pilot sign any release that designates him different from the other two perfectly capable F/O's. Knowing your slant on the age 60 issues I would think the thought of having two old farts on the same aircraft would significantly increase the odds of an accident.

I thought it was great. You are right, there is no real rule that states there needs to be two captains. But, it is nice to offer more Captain slots, and we have already uneccessarily shrunk too much thanks to our previous administration. We are now in need for mainline planes, and can't get any. We should never have gotten rid of our MD11s (thanks Vicki Escarra), which would have given us even more Captains out there. Right now a second Captain is only needed on the ATL-NRT flight, and the BOM-JFK roundtrip. Wow, a couple extra captains a day---that must be killing the company..... and we only have 8 777s. Take it easy bud. And, I have been on many flights over 6 hours, trust me. Take a chill pill. (C3PO will give it to you)

Bye Bye--General Lee

After reading 5 freakin pages about this all I have to say is: DAL's 16+20 flight will turn into another airline's request for 16+30, then 16+42, then 16+53 and so on and so on...........I hope I'm wrong.

No, JenPea will stand strong at 16+20.

That's right NOTHING more!!!!! Not one more minute! Just like 70 seats!!!! he'll vote to strike and then buckle and give it up like b-4

Nice to see the politician two-stepping around here

:cool:

The Moon turn on the Delta Space Shuttle will probably hit 18 plus hours, and the FAA is already looking into that.....

Bye Bye--General Lee

Will you guys have double-breasted spacesuits? Either way, I think Sir Richard will beat Big D to space.

I'm no Blue Kool-Aid drinker (and usually enjoy your posts) and opposed the Xcon turn idea, but IMO your credibility has dried up with your continued posting on this issue. I know you like debating facts in an argument. In this case, perceptions have overcome any germane points you continue to make about DALPA, DAL and the FAA.

You should take the lead of your namesake and surrender (on this issue) like he did at Appomattox.

Will you guys have double-breasted spacesuits? Either way, I think Sir Richard will beat Big D to space.

I'm no Blue Kool-Aid drinker (and usually enjoy your posts) and opposed the Xcon turn idea, but IMO your credibility has dried up with your continued posting on this issue. I know you like debating facts in an argument. In this case, perceptions have overcome any germane points you continue to make about DALPA, DAL and the FAA.

You should take the lead of your namesake and surrender (on this issue) like he did at Appomattox.

Never say die, although I appreciate your candor. Yeah, I may have gone a bit overboard, but I still contend that Dalpa tried to do the right thing, pressing Delta on the issue and asking for 5 pilots. Delta asked the FAA for a clarification, and the FAA made one. Dalpa was not for it.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Don't forget R2D2, ........

GL,

I am no sky-God. I also have some dorky traits.

I also know and care about a lot of great Delta folks. I think what has happened in the last 8 years there has been painful to watch from any angle. I genuinely feel for the guys who are there, the guys who left careers early to preserve pensions, and the retirees who saw their pension checks gutted. I've also seen--while not as tragic but still sad--guys who left at 50 or so wondering how to fill the next 10 years of their professional life. There have been no winners in this process.

What I find tiresome in your posts is the fact that there is no "team" or "comraderie" in any of your posts. When another airline does something, "those guys" over there (meaning the pilots) should "do something". However, when your management does something right...."we" got it done. When you don't know what they come up with (as in this case...), you suddenly become a powerless pawn.

You throw a lot of spears, but the fact is your airline is trying to gut work rules and FARs just like every other airline. The way to deal with it is to stick together and support each other--union or not. Delta would roast you on a spit if it helped their bottom line and saved them money. Why don't you quit flipping every other airline out there grief and worry about your own house.

For all of Jetblue's bashers--here's a little fact. They have lost about 100 pilots this year to recalls and other carriers--perhaps even more. Union or not--guys are walking away to greener fields. It ain't the guys on the message boards who will impact what JB does...its the guys on the property. Imformational picketing is nice--but people quitting and wasting training dollars invested by the airline makes a REAL statement. Lots of folks at Blue have been speaking lately... By the same token...if you have a problem with what Delta is doing, then you can do something about it. But don't tell the guys at every other airline what YOU think ought to be happening, but curl up in a fetal ball when it happens at your own airline. You lose all credibility...

Here's what I would have said--had I bashed JB about the 8 hour rule then been blindsided by this one...

"Geez...looks like we are getting pressure on all fronts...domestic and international. We need to stick together and work through this..." What you more or less said was "...this is different..."

That is why everyone scoffs.

AlbieF15,

Once again, right on the mark.

Peace.

Rekks.

My Albie speaks for me!!

Latest resources

Back